Director of Student Activities and Inclusion - Genesee Community College
Genesee & Wyoming
: Education - Post Secondary
Loading some great jobs for you...
The Director of Student Activities provides direction and coordination for activities and programs which promote personal, social, educational, and recreational enrichment of students. They develop and facilitate annual programs that increase awareness and educate the campus community about diversity, equity and inclusion. They provide vision and shape a comprehensive and engaging educational program for student activities, leadership, community service, cultural initiatives.
* Manage and supervise the operations of the Office of Student Activities * Oversee Student Activities Office operational functions (ID cards, lockers, student union, etc.) * Oversee planning, implementation and assessment of major student-centered activities, programs and services using measurable goals and objectives. * Compile and analyze data related to student participation and program evaluation; develop organizational work processes which facilitate attainment of established program goals and objectives. * Evaluate all assigned programs and recommend programmatic goals and objectives in alignment with the division and institution. * Serve as a liaison to activities personnel at Campus Centers. * Assist with recruiting, hiring, and supervising Graduate Assistants. * Adhere to all state and federal laws related to student government, campus events and student activities programs. * Assume other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Student Activities/Event Planning
* Supervise the master calendar of Student Activities and Events. * Assist in the coordination of the cultural, recreational, and social programming (Campus Activities Board). * Assist with the coordination and implementation of campus wide activities (Orientation, Banquets, Commencement, Week of Welcome, Club Fair, Blood Drives, etc.). * Coordinate and provide oversight for external requests for student participation and representation. * Direct and coordinate the new student and parent orientation programs. * Coordinate community service opportunities liaisons. * Manage content for office webpages, social media, flyers, and digital signage. * Collaborate in the planning and execution of commencement ceremonies.
Student Government and Clubs
* Advise Student Activities Council and coordinate the development of cultural, recreational, social, and film programs. * Advise Student Government Association and the coordinate related procedures. * Provide support and direction to student groups, organizations and advisors through leadership and organizational development. * Coordinate and approve the recruitment of new faculty sponsors/advisors * Develop policies and procedures related to clubs and organizations as well as training of student group advisors * Arrange for college representation at conferences and meetings concerning student government and other student groups. * Exercise supervision of students attending local, statewide and national conferences/seminars. * Serve as Phi Theta Kappa advisor
* Deliver an online leadership certificate program that serves the student organizations on campus and continually assess its outcomes. * Provides leadership training for student organizations during the academic year.
* Participate in Inclusive Excellence Committee. * Participate in and attend Genesee Community College Association meetings. * Develop intentional program and activities to support underrepresented students to assist with campus education, culture and student retention. * Provide leadership training for student organizations during the academic year
Master's or Bachelor's Degree in Student Personnel Higher Education or related area preferred.
A minimum of three years (or seven with a Bachelor's) of full time experience in a higher education administrative position. Experience in a College Student Union, Student Activities or Diversity & Inclusion at the community college level is highly desirable.
Ability to supervise staff, manage multiple budgets, communicate with internal and external stakeholders. Must have the flexibility to work evening and weekend hours. Must be able to demonstrate a strong commitment to diversity.
Occasional evening and weekend responsibilities are expected. Valid driver's license required.
Deadline for applications is September 22, 2019. Please include a cover letter, resume and contact information for four references.
Associated topics: assistant superintendent, dean, elementary school principal, elementary vice principal, high school principal, high school superintendent, officer, school principal, student, supervise