- Girl Scouts of Western New York
Hospitality - Lodging/Resort/Travel
3272 Hempstead Bethpage Turnpike
Check out similar listings!
Loading some great jobs for you...
- Attend mandatory supervisors weekend in May (date and time to be determined)
- Helps the girls in the unit learn to respect the rights of others and to understand the differences and similarities of other campers.
- Teach activities thru the use of the Girl Scout Camping program.
- Plan activities and programs that co-inside with the weekly theme/camp brochure and meet the needs and interests of the campers.
- Responsible for the health and safety of campers.
- Coordinate, with input from campers and unit staff, unit activities that will be done throughout the week this includes, but not limited to overnights, cookouts, hikes, etc.
- Work with and supervise the other staff in the unit to develop a staff team so all share in the total unit program.
- Operate activities as needed under the direction of the Head Counselor or Program Director.
- Supervise and maintain unit housekeeping, sanitation and care of supplies.
- Supervise and maintains unit first aid kit.
- Apply behavior management techniques to conflict with children when necessary.
- Report incidents/accidents to supervisor or health supervisor immediately.
- Report suspected child abuse to supervisor immediately.
- Keep records and prepare reports as required.
- Attend staff meetings as scheduled/necessary.
- Participates in the total camp program including supervisor's training weekend, pre-camp, open house and post camp.
- Required to stay on the property during hours of operation (Sunday 10:00am to Friday 9:00pm).
- Accepts other responsibilities as deemed necessary by the Assistant Camp Director/Camp Director.
- Develops professional goals for the summer that will help support and meet GSWNY's mission and camp goals.
- Supervise Unit Counselors and Junior Counselors in designated unit.
- Assist the head counselor in completing mid and end of season performance reviews of unit counselors
- Delegate unit tasks to Unit Counselors and Junior Counselors as needed.
- Willingness to abide by the policies and practices of the Girl Scouts of Western New York Inc.
- Minimum age: 18 (per New York State Health Department)
- Experience working with children
- Prior camp experience
- Interest in the Girl Scout Camping program helpful.
- Supervisory experience desired
- Demonstrate the ability to guide/supervise other adults.
- Leadership abilities
- Desire and ability to work with and relate to children and peers in an outdoor environment.
- High School diploma or the equivalent.
- Current certification in Responding to Emergencies & CPR or individual is willing to complete certification course during designated training day.
- Certified Sex Offender Registry and Criminal Background Checks will be completed for personnel file.
- Willingness to place the needs of girls and camp above personal desires.
- Good health and stamina necessary to work in the camp setting.
- The acceptance of irregular work hours.
- The acceptance and understanding that employment is at a resident (overnight) camp.
Associated topics: beam, camp, director, evangelism, program, residential, summer, summer camp, teen, unit
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.