We are seeking to hire a Council Operations Training Manager. Through partnerships with Girl Scout councils and regular analysis of Membership data, the Council Operations Training Manager will work to identify areas of need within the Council Staff community, and coordinate efforts where GSUSA can help meet those needs by providing professional development and training support to Council Staff.
The Council Operations Training Manager represents the interests of our Council staff, and has an overarching goal to increase capacity at Councils through nationwide achievement of best practices around recruitment and retention of girls and volunteers, encouraging the use of standardized, proven efficient and effective tools and techniques, to ultimately drive overall membership growth across the movement.
Reporting to the Vice President of Mission Deployment, the Council Operations Training Manager works as an integral member of the Council Adoption & Optimization Team, working closely with Girl Scout Councils to support them in their various roles and offer staff development and training support Movement-wide.
* Assist the Membership Advisor Team Lead in the support and management of the national COO and Chief Membership Staff Council community communication strategies by assisting with customer service initiatives focused on this community, providing superior customer service and support to council staff, etc.
* Lead the administration of the GSUSA Training Program (Sales and Mission Delivery) movement-wide, which includes managing the vendor bidding and contract process, managing logistics and other administrative activities, creational national communications materials about all opportunities, etc.
* Manage entire relationship with training vendors, including managing entire contract negotiation and ongoing communication process, budget planning, event planning, invoicing and expense reporting, etc.
* Providing ongoing training support to department by surveying councils to find out field staff's and scalable effective practices, developing trainings on Girl Scout membership effective practices especially related to sales and customer service, etc.
* Develop and maintain positive working relationships with council staff, especially with the COO and Chief Membership Staff and Coach partners and their council supervisors.
* A minimum 3-5 years' experience in a similar training & development role.
* A bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field or equivalent relevant experience preferred
* Sandler training experience a plus!
* Superior training skills, analytical abilities, team working capabilities, and result oriented nature.
* Familiarity with Sandler Sales tools and techniques.
* Ability to work under limited supervision, owning tasks and driving these to completion.
* Strong organization, communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
* Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills including communicating complex information with clarity to diverse audiences and preparing and presenting reports and other written communications to GSUSA and council stakeholders.
* Experience in building relationships based upon trust, respect, effective communication, and achievement of common goals; experience in identifying potential needs and opportunities and in fostering collaboration and support.
* Ability to anticipate needs, resolve current issues, and build long term solutions and roadmaps to meet the needs of the council and internal shareholders.
* Demonstrated expertise in the use of a Customer Relationship Management tool (i.e. Salesforce).
* Demonstrated experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously with changing priorities and tight deadlines.
* Demonstrated written/verbal communication, interpersonal and facilitation skills.
* Proven expertise in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically in PowerPoint.
* Familiarity setting up and conducting webinars.
* To be able to travel up to 25% including day trips, overnight and weekend trips, when required.
* Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field or equivalent relevant experience preferred.
More about Girl Scouts of the USA:
Take the Lead Like a G.I.R.L!
We're 2.5 million strong-more than 1.7 million girls and 750,000 adults who believe in the power of every G.I.R.L. (Go-getter, Innovator, Risk-taker, Leader)? to change the world. Our extraordinary journey began more than 100 years ago with the original G.I.R.L., Juliette Gordon \"Daisy\" Low. On March 12, 1912, in Savannah, Georgia, she organized the very first Girl Scout troop, and every year since, we've honored her vision and legacy, building girls of courage, confidence, and character who make the world a better place. We're the preeminent leadership development organization for girls. And with programs from coast to coast and across the globe, Girl Scouts offers every girl a chance to practice a lifetime of leadership, adventure, and success. To volunteer, reconnect, donate, or join, visit www.girlscouts.org.
Girl Scouts of the USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Associated topics: administrative, administrative assistant ii, administrative assistant iii, administrative support, assistant, executive assistant, gs 0341, operational, secretary, staff assistant