MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
We're a team of trusted advisors who provide innovative investment solutions to help our clients meet their financial goals. From private wealth to asset management, we work with specialists and groups from around the firm to help high-net-worth individuals and institutions across various industries navigate changing markets and make smart investments. We value self-starters with an entrepreneurial spirit, but still provide the support and resources to ensure your success.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
JOB SUMMARY & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Investment Guidelines Management team is seeking an analyst/associate who is a quick-thinking self-starter to work in a fast paced environment with a passion for financial markets, relationship building, and technology
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) is one of the world's leading investment managers. GSAM provides institutional and individual investors with investment and advisory solutions, with strategies spanning asset classes, industries, and geographies. We help our clients navigate today's dynamic markets, and identify the opportunities that shape their portfolios and long-term investment goals. We extend these global capabilities to the world's leading pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, central banks, insurance companies, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, individuals and family offices.
The Investment Guidelines Management Team is responsible for implementing and maintaining client and regulatory investment guideline restrictions in a centralized guidelines rules engine related to portfolios within various investment teams including Global Portfolio Solutions (GPS), Quantitative Investment Strategies (QIS), Credit Alternatives, and Alternative Investments & Manager Selections (AIMS.) The team is part of a larger 17 person cohesive team who handle all aspects of investment guidelines for GSAM.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
* Interpret, construct, test, and maintain investment guideline restriction rules in a centralized rules engine to enable pre-trade and post-trade monitoring for portfolio management and trading to comply with client and regulatory investment restrictions
* Work closely with portfolio management, trading, compliance, legal, client relationship management, operations, and technology to ensure the investment guidelines infrastructure is enabled for portfolio management to successfully comply with all investment guideline restrictions
* Work with subject matter experts to develop an independent understanding of and expertise in the regulatory and client guidelines framework
* Assist with resolution of time sensitive pre-trade and post-trade queries regarding applicable investment guidelines
* Work with Technologists to test and implement new software and systems, and source data to improve controls
* Work with Compliance and Legal to accurately implement global regulatory requirements including but not limited to Investment Company Act of 1940, Luxembourg UCITS, Irish UCITS, German Investment Act, Alternative Investment Managers Fund Directive
* Define and lead projects related to the coding and implementation of rules related to new business initiatives or regulatory developments
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
* Minimum of 2 years of work experience in the Financial Services sector, ideally in control-oriented roles (i.e., Internal Audit, Compliance, Risk, Operations, Fund Accounting)
* Strong technical skills (previous experience of using Sentinel, Charles River or Thinkfolio would be ideal)
* Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to work with detailed financial or other data and understand and communicate commercial implications
* Excellent attention to detail; strong logical thinker
* Ability to make sound decisions in a fast paced environment, multi-task and work to deadlines under senior pressure
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a desire to work in a team-oriented environment
* Commitment to excellence and a high level of integrity
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.? The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.