Anderson-Negele is a global instrumentation company with the mission to provide the best hygienic instrumentation solutions and services for processors of food, beverage and life sciences products. With manufacturing facilities in the United States and Germany and sales & service offices in the U.S., Europe, China, India, and Brazil, we are a global leader in our market. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Fortive Corporation, a \"Fortune 500\" technology leader with annual turnover of greater than $6BN, Anderson-Negele practices the Fortive Business System (FBS). FBS strives to measure how well we perform for our customers and ensure we are continuously improving in quality, delivery and overall customer satisfaction. We are a place where people who share a drive and passion to make a personal difference can learn, grow, and achieve.
The job requires that one possess the knowledge and capability to fit, form, delete and add components to standard devices, calibration and testing to ensure the assembly of a quality product within published specifications. Associate must be able to read and interpret product documentation (drawings and specification sheets), perform basic machining operations, visually inspect all workmanship, and perform automated welding operations. May also finish repaired product.
* Assembles electro-mechanical components by fitting, forming, deleting and adding of components to standard devices.
* Calibrates, tests, and inspects product to ensure it operates within published specifications.
* Reads and interprets product documentation including drawings & specification sheet and cell reports to support assembly of quality product.
* Completes required reporting to maintain accurate records. Enters data into and retrieves information from computer terminal. Completes written checklists.
* Maintains a clean, safe and organized work area at all times.
* Helps ensure proper inventory level of materials within area of responsibility by the timely tripping of kanban cards.
This associate may be assigned other duties and responsibilities.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
* High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* Basic mechanical aptitude and ability to read drawings.
* Prior experience operating basic manufacturing equipment.
* Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
* Strong sense of urgency and attention to detail.
* Excellent communication skills to effectively interact at various all levels within the organization.
* Ability to work in cross-functional teams.
* Strong computer skills including ability to navigate web-based and MS Office applications.
* Kanban / lean manufacturing work experience.
Employees will be required to wear the proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), which may include: eye, hearing and respiratory protection, protective smock, steel toe shoes, gloves, hard hats, or face shields. Contact lenses may not be allowed in some areas.
The associate must also be willing and able to travel by all forms of transportation.
Associated topics: assemble, assembler, assembly, installation, reassemble, re assemble