The Supply Chain Manager will develop and execute a strategic commodity plan to procure material in a cost effective and timely manner to meet customer demand while satisfying inventory requirements. The Supply Chain Manager will also be responsible for managing inventory, logistics, cost-out activities (PPV), ensure on-time delivery, maximize inventory turns, supplier management, and maintain acceptable quality levels.
The Supply Chain Manager works closely with internal customers, including operators, planners, customer service, engineers, marketing and finance; interacts with purchasing leads at other Anderson-Negele facilities and within Fortive; interacts with senior leadership team; must be able to work in a multi-cultural organization covering a diverse set of education and experiences from junior to the most senior level in the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Lead and develop team of professional buyers/planners, commodity managers, sourcing specialists to achieve KPI's and strategic goals of the organization
* Support production team as required ensuring a continuous flow of material to support customer requirements. Resolve any line-down issues including expediting material as needed to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction
* Lead improvements in on-time delivery and inventory reduction through the implementation of world-class materials management processes. Ensure the availability of production parts while inventory carrying costs and exposure. Supports 95% on-time delivery to customer request.
* Participate in cross-functional new product development teams, qualifying new parts/suppliers to ensure supply chain continuity and lowest product cost at launch
* Drive supplier quality, delivery, cost and inventory KPI's with the supply chain team
* Maintains continuous in-depth knowledge of identified commodities, industry trends, and developing technologies.
* Negotiate contracts with suppliers that provide for continuous year-over-year improvements in performance, including quality, delivery, cost and inventory.
* Identify new procurement channels, lead new supplier selection, drive supplier development/relationships and coordinate strategic supplier management ensuring that the supplier qualification process is followed to support business and supply chain objectives
* Initiate, lead and participate in continuous improvement initiatives through the use of appropriate FBS (Fortive Business System) tools including kanban, standard work, IMAG (Inventory Management at Gemba) and leader standard work
* Perform high-quality transactions to eliminate A/P issues and ensure efficient receiving of raw materials.
* Ensure compliance to all accounting, import/export, and legal regulations
Yes - manages professional level employees
Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, business, engineering or other related field; MBA preferred.
* Minimum 5 years supply chain and procurement experience in a lean manufacturing organization.
* Supervisory or management experience preferred.
* Strong experience utilizing various MRP/ERP systems
* Experience deploying and utilizing lean supply chain tools including kanban.
* Leadership - strong managerial skills to work across all functions and levels of an organization; ability to lead change; effectively establishes high performing teams and role models high performance standards
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills- crisp verbal skills, effective listening skills; effective facilitation skills; demonstrates high energy and models behaviors to motivate the team.
* Strong analytical, problem solving, business strategy, strategic thinking, results orientation, innovation, influence, stakeholder management, customer orientation, supplier management, leadership, and change management/adaptability skills
* Excellent negotiation, analytical and problem solving, project management, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
* Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic, cross functional, team oriented environment
* APICS industry certification desired.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
* Certified Purchasing Management (CPM) or Certified Purchasing Inventory Management (CPIM), desired
Associated topics: business, cost efficient, industrial engineer, manufacturing engineer, methods engineer, project, sap, supply, supply chain