Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handles all guest concerns and complaints if they arise.
- Maintains a visible presence on the floor and interacts with guests and team members.
- Assists in all aspects of employee relations, including but not limited to hiring, disciplining, developing, coaching, mediating, recognizing, and evaluation team members according to MeyersUSA guidelines and policies.
- Communicates to the team all company promotions and initiatives on a daily basis through shift meetings of any adjustments to menu, and events scheduled.
- Solicits feedback from the team to continuously drive operational improvements and motivate the team.
- Assists the front-of-house (FoH) management team in ordering supplies as needed; communicates equipment and maintenance needs to the direct reports and finds solutions to these issues.
- Properly edits payroll for accurate processing of paychecks if applicable and as assigned by the General Manager.
- Ensures adherence to all cost control procedures, such as voids, discounts, comps, etc., and ensures all team members understand and follow those procedures.
- Assists in development and/or implementation of all schedules and rotations; adjusts or balances the staffing levels in order to control labor costs without sacrificing guest service.
- Assigns sections and breaks for team members and makes sure to release team members once their station and section has been organized and communicated.
- Monitors full Team Member compliance associated with responsibility of food handling and serving alcohol.
Skills and Qualifications
- Working during weekends, holidays and peak business periods are required, including working any shift/day designed by the department.
- Must provide leadership over the front-of-house (FOH) team to prepare and serve delicious and safe food to our guests while meeting or exceeding our business objectives
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) applications is required.
- Must obtain Food Handler/Food Protection-certified within 6 months of employment.
- A business degree or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of one 1-2 years of experience in a leadership position in a comparable restaurant, or experience in an ambitious fine dining restaurant is required.
- Experience overseeing multiple restaurants venues preferred.
More detail about Great Northern Food Hall part of MeyersUSA, please visit