The Technology Team offers a broad suite of services and delivers innovative solutions in support of Guardian's growth strategy through infrastructure, applications, and information security within the Guardian Home Office environment; as well as supporting our Agencies with access to critical Guardian applications and providing the required support to facilitate a secure and optimal experience.
Opportunities in Technology may be in any of the following areas:
* Application Development - builds new applications and provides application software development services or technical support for enterprise applications and business products. Develops program logic for new applications or analyzes and modifies logic in existing applications. Responsible for planning, coding, testing, debugging, delivering, maintaining, and documenting home-grown or vendor-supported software services and applications.
* Data Analysis - analyzes, designs, creates and implements databases, including data models, logical and physical databases, data dictionaries and schemas, access methods, device allocations, validation checks, organization and security. Develops and implements database recovery plans and procedures.
* Data Science - responsible for managing advanced big data / analytics projects that gather and integrate large volumes of data, performs analysis, interprets results, and develops actionable insights and recommendations for use across the company. This includes data mining, data auditing, aggregation, validation, and reconciliation.
* Database Administration - manages database utilities, monitors the relationships between the database users and applications, and maintains the organization's databases across multiple platforms and computing environments. Applies understanding of relational database concepts and query languages in order to design required summary or aggregation tables to support analyses.
* Information Security - evaluates, tests, recommends, develops, coordinates, monitors, and maintains information security (IS) policies, procedures and systems, including hardware, firmware and software. Ensures that IS architecture/designs, plans, controls, processes, standards, policies and procedures are aligned with IS standards and overall information security. Identifies security risks and exposures, determines the causes of security violations and suggests procedures to halt future incidents.
* Architecture - designs, innovates and develops IT architecture (integrated process, applications, data and technology) solutions to business problems in alignment with the enterprise architecture direction and standards. Performs technical planning, architecture development and modification of specifications.
* Change Management - responsible for planning and monitoring smaller scale change management projects and directing specific portions of larger scale projects. Possesses in depth knowledge of each line of business, in order to anticipate necessary changes in software applications and systems.
* Project Management - manages all aspects of a diverse IT project or multiple IT projects, typically involving multiple disciplines in the IT function and composed of various levels of personnel, vendors, and clients. Secures required resources, and uses formal processes and tools to develop scope, manage resources, budgets, risks, quality and changes. Manages projects to ensure on-time completion according to specifications and within budgeted costs.
* Quality Assurance and Testing - conducts a wide range of quality control tests and analyses to ensure that software meets or exceeds specified standards and end-user requirements. Drafts, revises and approves test plans and scripts to ensure alignment with standards and IT strategy. Creates test data files with valid and invalid records to thoroughly test program logic and verify system flow.
* Network Engineering - provides technical expertise in the management of a public and/or private network; tests and analyzes network facilities, including network control software, routers, switches, lines, modems, adapters and servers. Installs, supports and/or maintains local (LAN) and/or wide area networks (WAN); evaluates and recommends networking product and software upgrades.
* Systems Administration - provides systems administration (e.g., adds, changes, deletes, disk space management, backups, etc.) and operational support (e.g., hardware/software installation, maintenance and support, systems logs and problems reports, etc.) for the organization's information systems and peripheral equipment, such as servers, desktops, printers and storage devices. Performs recovery procedures, scheduling and backups, and monitors batch processes.
* Systems Analysis - acts as a liaison between the IT development group and business units for the development and implementation of new systems and enhancement of existing systems. Evaluates new applications and identifies systems requirements. Evaluates new IT developments and evolving business requirements, and recommends appropriate systems alternatives and/or enhancements to current systems.
* Telecommunications - plans, designs, and implements voice and/or telecommunications networks. Performs technical analysis of software, hardware and transmission systems.
* Web Administration - plans and manages web systems and operating system server software, including web server setup and implementation. Maintains and monitors website functionality (e.g., links, calculators, news feeds) and website security. Conducts performance monitoring, capacity planning, workload modeling, and predictive analyses to identify and resolve potential issues (e.g., performance, security breaches).
* Workplace Support - provides onsite technical support to the organization's internal users of computer applications and hardware (e.g., PCs, servers, mainframes). Collaborates with network services, software systems engineering and/or application development in order to restore service and/or identify problems.
* Enrolled in Undergraduate Degree Program
* Sophomore or Junior in college
~Housing is not provided~
Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization. F-1 visa holders with Optional Practical Training (OPT) who will require H-1B status, TNs, or current H-1B visa holders will not be considered. H1-B and green card sponsorship is not available for this position.
Every day, Guardian gives 26 million Americans the security they deserve through our insurance and wealth management products and services. Since our founding in 1860, our long-term view has helped our customers prepare for whatever life brings whether starting a family, planning for the future or taking care of employees. Today, we're a Fortune 250 mutual company and a leading provider of life, disability and other benefits for individuals, at the workplace and through government sponsored programs. The Guardian community of ~9000 employees and our network of over 2750 financial representatives is committed to serving with expertise when, where and how our clients need us. Our commitments rest on a strong financial foundation, which at year-end 2017 included $8.0 billion in capital and $1.6 billion in operating income. For more information, please visit guardianlife.com or follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube.
Guardian is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Guardian? is a registered trademark of the Guardian Life Insurance Company of America
Associated topics: analyse, consult, forecasting, guidance, investment analyst, investment analytics, investment fund, law, market, regulation