About the Position:
Guggenheim Securities, the Investment Banking division of Guggenheim Partners, is seeking an Analyst to join its Structured Products Origination team. Structured Products is a core focus area at Guggenheim, and the firm is a market leader in providing its clients with a broad range of financing solutions using securitization technology applied to a variety of non-traditional asset classes, including franchise royalties, IP rights, billboards, aircraft, tax liens, cell towers, venture debt and others.
Guggenheim ranks as #1 underwriter of Non-Traditional Asset-Backed Securities, with over 80 transactions representing over $30 billion in issuance executed since 2014, including 28 deals representing over $10 billion in issuance in 2017. The team is also the most active underwriter of Whole Business Securitizations, having sole structured and placed over 70% of new issue WBS in 2017, including transactions for Domino's, Wendy's and Dunkin' Brands. The role will be located in the firm's New York office.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
* Work directly with the group's senior professionals and be involved in all aspects of SPO transactions across a variety of non-traditional asset classes (no sector specialization)
* Prepare marketing presentations, term sheets, and rating agency materials
* Model securitization transactions backed by various types of esoteric assets
* Run cash flow scenario analyses for investors and issuers
* Review certain sections of transaction documentation
* Tie out the models and collateral characteristics with accountants, Intex and other parties
* Conduct market research and industry review projects for new asset classes
Skills & Experience Required:
* Bachelors degree required
* Current position as an analyst in a structured products or related group at a major financial institution, rating agency or top tier accounting firm
* At least one, but no more than three years of work experience
* Experience with cash flow modeling of ABS, CLO or other types of securitized products required. Knowledge of rating agency criteria is a plus.
* Strong quantitative skills; Microsoft Excel modeling experience required, familiarity with VBA and programming skills preferred. INTEX analytics experience is a plus
* Familiarity with legal documents is a plus
* Detail-oriented, organized and able to work as part of a team
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Registered Representative (Series 7, 63 & 79) is a plus
About Guggenheim Securities:
Guggenheim Securities is the investment banking and capital markets business of Guggenheim Partners. Guggenheim Securities offers a full range of services that fall into four broad categories: Advisory, Sales and Trading, Financing, and Research. Guggenheim Securities is headquartered in New York, with additional offices in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, and San Francisco.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Associated topics: analyse, analysis, business analytic, business finance, financial analytic, forecasting, government, refine, regulation, strategy