Athletic Trainer (Anderson)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Category Sports Medicine - 7097 JOB SUMMARY
- The trainer must be a graduate of a curriculum program for athletic trainers that award a Bachelors or Master's degree approved by the National Athletic Trainer's Association.
- Must also be certified by the National Athletic Trainer's Association and licensed by the Indiana Medical Licensing Board.
- An Associate in this position may provide direct patient care for pediatric, adolescent, and/or adult patients through the Rehabilitation Services department or the contracted School.
- Evaluation and treatment as well as documentation of patient progress is required as well as the ability to communicate with patients, family, physicians, physical therapists, school, administrators, coaches and co-workers.
- Supervision of students is also required.
- The associate must adhere to established organizational and departmental policies and safety guidelines and possess problem solving abilities, excellent customer service skills and Patient First characteristics.
- The associate must assist in maintaining a safe working environment throughout the facility and be available for on-call and call-back responsibilities, as required.
- Will be providing a vital link in the athlete's sports medicine journey.
- Will be working closely with the athletes and their caregivers to facilitate a smooth transition to the sports medicine clinic and/or physician's office, when needed.
- The athletic trainer will also communicate with the physician, therapist and athletes to assist in the transition of that athlete back onto the field in one cohesive process.
:ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The associate must can perform essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must demonstrate the knowledge and technical skill necessary for providing competent, comprehensive patient care as well as display behavior which promotes good guest relations to students, school staff, patients, visitors, physicians and co-workers.
- Must be able to communicate and comprehend the English language and possess keyboarding skills for computer documentation.
- The trainer is responsible for the evaluation and treatment of student athletes as well as the development of a rehabilitation program that meets the parameters of the referring physician.
- Must be able to teach/instruct patients, families and colleagues.
- The trainer is responsible for accurate documentation that meets state, federal and facility guidelines as well as participation in departmental meetings/activities.
- Requires knowledge of the healthcare system work environment and the role of the athletic trainer in the 'health care team'.
- Conducts interactions with student athletes, parents, school staff, physicians, other associates and the public in a manner consistent with the intent of the hospital's mission, vision, and values.
- Performs appropriate diagnostic musculoskeletal, neurological and functional skills tests and establishes a plan of treatment.
- Instructs and assists student athletes in the performance of therapeutic exercise, gait training and activities of daily living and provides education in proper posture/ body mechanics to promote prevention of injury and maximize therapeutic outcomes.
- Reads current literature and publications concerning therapeutic techniques and trends in Athletic Training/health care.
- Participates in departmental performance/quality improvement and program development as well as in departmental events such as Heartbeats, health fairs, etc.
- Promotes the Rehab department through ongoing marketing within the medical community and the community at large.
Athletic Trainer (ATC); CPRADDITIONAL LICENSURE/CREDENTIAL REQUIREMENTS:
Athletic Training Licensure, National Athletic Trainers' Association.ADDITIONAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
: Mandatory Continuing Education: Customer Service, Fire and Safety, Corporate Compliance (including Confidentiality), Infection Control, and education required by regulatory, accreditation bodies, scope of practice, and/or Hancock Regional Hospital.
Internal ID: Indy Star. Category: , Keywords: Athletic Trainer
Associated topics: athletic director, athletic trainer, director of athletics, fitness director, fitness instructor, wellness director, wellness instructor
Loading some great jobs for you...