- $127,740.00 -105,470.00/year*
707 Washington St
With a mantra of Empowering Human Potential, Hanger, Inc. is the world's premier provider of orthotic and prosthetic (O&P) services and products, offering the most advanced O&P solutions, clinically differentiated programs and unsurpassed customer service. Hanger's Patient Care segment is the largest owner and operator of O&P patient care clinics nationwide. Through its Products & Services segment, Hanger distributes branded and private label O&P devices, products and components, and provides rehabilitative solutions to the broader market. Built on the legacy of James Edward Hanger, the first amputee of the American Civil War, Hanger is steeped in 150 years of clinical excellence and innovation with a vision to be the partner of choice for products and services that enhance human physical capability. Collectively, Hanger employees touch thousands of lives each day, helping people achieve new levels of mobility and freedom.
Hanger, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer - female/minority/disability/vet.
Could This Be For You?
The Medical Office Administrator provides the highest level of customer service to patients, fellow employees and referral sources through the coordination and administration of the front office activities. Typical responsibilities include all aspects of the clinic administrative operations from scheduling appointments, validating insurance and payment authorization, inputting claims, processing payments, performing account collections, conducting billing research and responding to telephone inquiries. Ensure billing for all services provided is accurate, timely and fully documented. Provide efficient cash collection through excellent reimbursement practices while ensuring compliance with relevant laws, regulations and established Company policies and compliance programs.
You will have impact to our patients and team by contributing in the following ways:
* Graciously meeting and greeting our patients and serving as their first point of contact
* Professionally answering phone calls and answering questions when received
* Helping to schedule patients appointment scheduling and ensuring creation of new patient charts as well as maintaining existing patient records in accordance with Hanger compliance policies
* Working with the patients and insurance companies to ensure coverage
* With an attention to detail, provide scanning and filing of patient documents to ensure complete and accurate information
* Provide coverage of patient check-out responsibilities and other growth opportunity assignments such as billing and collections as directed
* Providing administrative support by scanning and filing patient documents thereby ensuring complete and accurate information as per policy
* Manages patients visits by providing financial counseling for patients, handling over the counter (OTC) payments, and scheduling appointments as needed
* Managing mail and document research tasks on an electronic health/medical record system
* Partnering with clinical staff in managing in progress services
* Ensuring that all tasks are completed on time
* High school diploma or GED required.
* 2 years of office administrative experience
* A valid driver's license and driving record within the standards outlined within Hanger's Motor Vehicle Safety Policy and Procedures.
Preferred Qualifications and Experiences:
* At least 1 year of experience with electronic health/medical record systems (preferably NextGen and/or OnBase).
* Working knowledge of HIPAA and other medical insurance regulations and terminology for private payer, state and federal plans including coding, billing and reimbursement protocols.
* Ability to type 40 correct words per minute.
* At least 2 years of computer and office equipment experience including MS Office products (Word, Excel), e-mail and automated billing systems, facsimile machines, calculator, postage machine, copiers, etc.
* Basic administrative accounting skills.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee will regularly be required to sit, walk and stand; occasionally bend or twist; regularly talk and hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands to operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms (to include reaching overhead); and lift up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
NO PHONE CALLS/ WALK-INS: In an effort to maintain our highest level of customer service to our patients, no phone calls or walk-ins from prospective candidates, recruiters, staffing agencies or contractors will be accepted by the local Hanger Clinic. Please respect our policy. Any necessary inquiries should contact our corporate Talent Acquisition department.
Additional Success Factors
* Resourceful team player who excels at building trusting relationships with patients, referral sources, and colleagues.
* Results-driven achiever with exemplary planning and organizational skills, along with a high degree of detail orientation.
* Personable office professional whose strengths include cultural sensitivity and an ability to build rapport with a diverse population in multicultural settings.
* Flexible team player who thrives in environments requiring ability to effectively prioritize and juggle multiple concurrent projects in a fast paced environment.
* Strong interpersonal, oral (including telephone) and written communication skills.
* Act with integrity in all ways and at all times, remaining honest, transparent, and respectful in all relationships.
* Keep the patient at the center of everything that you do, building lifelong trust.
* Foster open collaboration and constructive dialogue with everyone around you.
* Continuously innovate new solutions, influencing and responding to change.
* Focus on superior outcomes, and calibrate work processes for outstanding results.
Our Investment in You
* Competitive salary.
* Competitive health and insurance benefits.
* Annual target bonus or commission.
* Paid vacation and sick time.
* Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
Hanger, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship. All conditions and privileges of employment are administered to all employees without discrimination or harassment because of race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, special disabled veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances. The Company will comply fully with all applicable state or local fair employment laws that forbid discrimination or harassment on the basis of other protected characteristics. Retaliation against any employee for filing or supporting a complaint of discrimination or harassment is prohibited.
Associated topics: care, family medicine, general practice, outpatient, physician md, physician md do, practice, primary, primary care, urgent
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...