Business Analysis Tech
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
About the Harvard Innovation Labs:
The Harvard Innovation Labs (HIL) is a unique collaboration and education space designed to foster entrepreneurship and innovation across the Harvard University community. The Harvard Innovation Labs consists of three programs:
1. The i-lab is available to all current students from any Harvard school who are looking to explore innovation and entrepreneurship at any stage. The i-lab provides all the physical and intellectual resources needed to develop and grow startups, including co-working space, advising, office hours with industry experts, workshops, the Venture Incubation Program (VIP), and the President’s Innovation Challenge (PIC), an annual student (and select alumni) venture competition.
2. Launch Lab X (LLX)is a nine-month accelerator for 15 Harvard alumni ventures. Housed inside the i-lab, the program commences every September and culminates in May with the LLX track of the President’s Innovation Challenge. Applications are accepted from all over the world and open to any alum from any school.
3. The Pagliuca Harvard Life Lab is a shared laboratory space for high-potential life sciences and biotech startups founded by Harvard faculty, alumni, students, and postdoctoral scholars. The 15,000-square-foot facility has 36 lab workbenches and 50 co-working spaces, conference rooms and kitchen.
The tech team is responsible for helping guide effective and efficient use of technology across the i-lab. As a Business Analyst you will identify opportunities to streamline processes, guide selection and integration of third party and campus systems and translate business needs into technology solutions.
Upcoming projects include CRM feature development, online portal technologies, and enhanced metrics and reporting infrastructure.
Independently analyze, identify, develop and communicate technical solutions. Devise and/or modify procedures to solve complex technical problems.
• Conduct interviews and facilitate workshops and focus groups to gather and analyze the need for new or enhanced functionality.
• Working with user departments, understand and diagram workflow.
• Create user stories, use cases, and business requirement documents to support application development, revisiting and refining previous gathered requirements as needed.
• Capture and document change requests, out-of-scope requests, and bugs.
• Develop plans and scenarios to test functionality, accessibility, and usability.
• Analyze and research data requests.
• Assist the service desk in the documentation of user procedures and knowledge articles.
• Lead development teams during project meetings.
• Maintain stakeholder relationships and ensure clear communications.
*Typical Core Duties:
• Participate fully in software development life cycle
• Implement and support technical solutions to deliver business requirements
• Identify and evaluate opportunities to improve services
• Contribute ideas to coding best practices and new technologies
• Draw on relationship and technical skills to act as technical liaison to internal and external clients
• Abide by and follow the Harvard University IT technical standards, policies and Code of Conduct
• Lead technology product initiatives including definition, vendor selection, implementation, and continuous delivery.
• Bachelor's degree and/or relevant work experience
• Additional Qualifications:
· Excellent organization skills
· Experience utilizing various modes of user interaction to gather requirements – one-on-one interviews, small group sessions, large workshops.
· Ability to diagram business processes using tools such as MS Visio
· Ability to work independently in a fast-based, multi-project environment.
· Familiarity with custom development processes and vended product implementation.
· Excellent relationship-building skills
· Alignment with the values of HUIT: User-focused, Collaborative, Innovative, Open.
· Experience working with Agile software development methodologies
· Experience with the specialized needs presented in an academic environment.
· Familiar with Agile Methodologies (SCRUM/Kanban), Certification a plus
· Competency with MS Office Suite of tools (O365)
· General understanding of cloud based SAAS models
· Experience working in a university setting preferred
The position requires solid project and people management competencies, a high level of organization and deadline orientation as well as problem-solving skills.
Solid PowerPoint and Excel skills required; comfortable with new technologies
Familiarity with reporting & dashboarding technologies such as Tableau is a plus.
Requirements and Qualifications:
Demonstrated business development skills and ability to work well with others and build relationships across teams
Must possess superior communications with high creativity, energy, integrity, thoughtful judgment and decision making
Loading some great jobs for you...