Outside Sales Account Manager for Government/Institutional customers
As an Outside Sales Account Manager for Facilities Maintenance Government/Institutional division you will be responsible for an established portfolio of Federal/State/Local agencies and Education (Fed/SLED) customers to maintain and drive Maintenance, Repair and Operations (MRO) sales. This territory will cover the 5 burroughs and Long Island. This sales position has consistent day travel and minimal overnight travel. This position offers a competitive base salary plus sales incentive plan paid monthly. A laptop, cell phone, and monthly expenses are included.
HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) (www.hdsupply.com) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!
Job Description & Qualifications
Responsible to profitably grow sales to achieve yearly goals as a sales consultant for emerging industries and markets to include prospecting new accounts, retaining existing accounts, and increasing opportunities with existing customers. This position requires operation of a Company Vehicle or a Personal Vehicle and such operation is done consistently more than 20% of the average work week. If selected for this position, HD Supply will run a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) report. A requirement of this position is an acceptable MVR report.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
* Manages sales volume with an existing group of customers and prospects new accounts to expand the customer base.
* Develops and implements plans to expand business presence in assigned area. Shares market and competitor information with all applicable channels.
* Develops and sustains sales relationships with key decision makers and influencers on all levels of the organization.
* Attends monthly business meetings for company sponsored associations. Participates in all local trade shows, and, if required, similar regional / national activities.
* Assists in training or mentoring of associates.
Nature and Scope
* Demonstrates skill in data analysis techniques by resolving missing/incomplete information and inconsistencies/anomalies in more complex research/data.
* Nature of work requires increasing independence; receives guidance only on unusual, complex problems or issues. Work review typically involves periodic review of output by a supervisor and/or direct customers of the process.
* May provide general guidance/direction to or train junior level support or professional personnel.
* Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
* Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
* Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
* Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 2-5 years of experience in a related field OR MS/MA and generally 2-4 years of experience in a related field. Certification is required in some areas.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
* 2-5+ Years of Sales Experience in a related industry.
* 1+ Years business to business sales experience selling to the Government through GPOs.
* BS/BA in related Discipline
* Technologically fluent in Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Word, Excell ect) and Internet Reasearch
* Experience using CRM tools such as Salesforce.com