Esquire is looking for a senior editor to oversee our digital coverage of movies, TV, music, books, and internet culture. This is a big role. Culture is one of the main pillars for Esquire, and the ideal candidate will manage not only the ongoing drumbeat of stories we publish every day, but also editorial franchises, celebrity profiles, and feature stories.
The ideal candidate should possess a wide-range of knowledge about culture, an instinct for what audiences desire, and the ability to parse data to find trends among readers.
This position is based in New York City and reports to the digital director of Esquire.
* Plan and coordinate daily, weekly, and month coverage for the culture section on Esquire.com
* Assign and edit daily news stories to the Esquire.com culture staff
* Cultivate a stable of freelance writers to contribute to Esquire.com
* Assigning and editing feature-length stories and profiles
* Coordinate photo shoots with celebrities and entertainers
* Establish and maintain editorial franchises, including the site's daily creation and maintenance of SEO-forward stories
* Write relevant news coverage, essays, or profiles as needed
* Manage a team of editors and writers
* At least five years experience editing for a website, newspaper, or magazine, ideally in culture and entertainment. Management experience is ideal
* A ravenous interest and unparalleled depth of knowledge in all things entertainment and culture
* Ability to analyze data and make editorial decisions based on it
* Flexibility. No two days will be the same
* Bachelor's degree
Note: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in .pdf format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work