OXO is hiring a Product Development Assistant for our New York City office.
At OXO, we're on a quest to make the everyday better. For over 25 years, we've made household tools that delight our customers and exceed their expectations. When we have an idea, we're going to make it happen, even if it hasn't been done before-especially if it hasn't been done before. If you've ever thought, \"there's got to be a better way to do this\", you belong here, too.
We balance hard work with a thriving office culture; community isn't just a buzzword at OXO, it's a way of life. With a guest speaker series covering topics like service robots and crafting hard-to-write letters, group limoncello making, book and bike clubs, volunteering opportunities, luau-themed happy hours, and summer outings to theme parks-we like coming to work every day and think you should, too.
As a Product Development Assistant this person will be a key member of the OXO product development team. Reporting to the Senior Product Manager, this position will assist two teams, Tools and Gadgets (Salad Spinners, Peelers, Graters, etc.) and the Baking team (Measuring cups, Scales, Whisks, etc.)
What you'll be doing:
* Inputting and maintaining product data including item creation and set-up, checking bar codes, updating logistics files, etc.
* Supporting product managers and engineers with projects at all stages of the product development process, from conception to full-scale production.
* Assisting with new idea generation, market research, and competitive product testing.
* Working closely with Domestic & International Sales departments to provide product information, early-stage samples, delivery dates, product updates, presentation materials, etc.
* Reviewing inventor submissions
* Assisting in trade show coordination
* Communicating with product manufacturers
* Interacting with Quality, Brand Communications, Public Relations, Finance, Legal and Art Departments
* Liaise between OXO NY teams and external departments such as Consumer Services, Logistics, Customs, our warehouse, etc.
Requirements for Consideration:
* Undergraduate degree or equivalent
* Enthusiastic and self-starter
* Ability to prioritize/juggle projects and multi-task
* Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
* Ability to work with teams
* Strong organizational skills
* Attentive to detail
* Deadline oriented
For more information about who we are and what we do, click here.
You can also find us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Facebook, and Twitter.
Helen of Troy is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
If you, as one of our employees or as an applicant for employment, have any questions about our Affirmative Action Plan, please contact Human Resources during regular business hours.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Human Resources at (915) ###-####.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified. Management retains the right to add or to change duties of the position at any time.
Associated topics: algorithm, application, back end, develop, developer, devops, java, sdet, software development engineer, sw