OXO is hiring a Senior Photographer for our New York City office.
At OXO, we're on a quest to make the everyday better. For over 25 years, we've made household tools that delight our customers and exceed their expectations. When we have an idea, we're going to make it happen, even if it hasn't been done before-especially if it hasn't been done before. If you've ever thought, \"there's got to be a better way to do this\", you belong here, too.
We balance hard work with a thriving office culture; community isn't just a buzzword at OXO, it's a way of life. With a guest speaker series covering topics like service robots and crafting hard-to-write letters, group limoncello making, book and bike clubs, volunteering opportunities, luau-themed happy hours, summer outings to theme parks, and an annual ski trip-we like coming to work every day and think you should, too.
What you'll be doing:
As a creative leader on OXO's Brand Design team, the Senior Photographer helps bring to life the signature look of one of the world's most iconic brands. A global leader in Home and Baby, OXO's photography reaches millions of consumers around the globe; our Senior Photographer must understand and embody what our brand is all about, bringing a cohesive, strategic brand-driven approach to every image.
The Senior Photographer is responsible for defining, directing and creating OXO images across the brand journey, at all points of touch: packaging, signage, point of sale, digital marketing and social media. The Senior Photographer leads and manages the Photographer and Photo Studio Assistant and partners closely with the Creative Director, Associate Design Director, Photography Project Manager, Retoucher, Designers and Food Stylists. She or he is responsible for the smooth daily operation of OXO's custom, state-of-the-art 2,000 square foot photo studio including 3 sets and full set kitchen.
What You'll Be Doing:
* Plan and shoot photography for OXO packaging, e-commerce, digital marketing, social media, point of purchase, signage and sales collateral
* Partner with creative and product team members to strategize the smartest, most effective, most beautiful shots for every brand need
* Shoot approximately 3-4 full days per week on a variety of projects in our in-house studio as well as on location when needed
* Direct and coordinate the work of the Photographer and Photo Studio Assistant
* Train and coach the Photographer in all areas of technical and creative development, ensuring his or her constant growth and improvement
* Work cross-functionally with creative, Brand Design, Brand Communications, Product Development and Sales
* Collaborate with retouching/post production team to ensure all images captured are edited and processed to meet brand standards and keep look and feel of imagery consistent
* Direct hired talent as needed: food stylists, prop stylists, hand models, etc.
Requirements for Consideration:
* 8+ years of professional photography experience with an emphasis on housewares or food
* A history shooting photography for consumer products, retail brands, or major branding firms with clients in the consumer branding space
* A bachelor's degree in photography from an accredited four-year college
* A thorough understanding of design-related processes including printing, retouching, and production
* Proficient in industry-standard programs and software, specifically Photoshop, Bridge, Lightroom, and Capture One.
* Familiarity with collaborative programs and software such as Slack, Google Apps, Basecamp, and Office 365
* Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
For more information about who we are and what we do, click here.
You can also find us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Facebook, and Twitter.
Helen of Troy is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
If you, as one of our employees or as an applicant for employment, have any questions about our Affirmative Action Plan, please contact Human Resources during regular business hours.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Human Resources at (915) ###-####.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified. Management retains the right to add or to change duties of the position at any time.