- $33,800.00 -48,930.00/year*
Consumer Product/Consumer Packaged Goods/Packaging
500 Homestead Ln
Job Location: Hershey, PA
Responsible for R&D packaging design and development execution, focusing on front end technology advancements. Provides strategic direction as it relates to emerging packaging technologies that align with and accelerate Hershey s global growth initiatives. Support cross-functional project teams to identify and implement innovative packaging designs and processes. Develop scalable, platform-able packaging solutions. Leverage strategic partnerships to identify new spaces for exploration.
- Responsible for proactively driving front end innovation/renovation development efforts, creating a holistic approach to packaging design that delights the consumer and enables competitive advantage.
- Renovate existing pack types to better meet the needs of customers, shoppers and consumers.
- Leverage insights to determine occasion-based packaging needs and develop functional attributes that will enhance consumer experience.
- Leverage external network to support Open Innovation in technology scouting for novel applications and opportunities. Identify strategic packaging technology suppliers, ensure partnerships are developed and supplier innovation activities are aligned with company innovation needs.
- Develops, tests, reviews and recommends proposals for packaging/equipment designs by translating needs of business into work plans, anticipating risks and incorporating mitigation strategies, and developing succinct communications for senior leaders.
- Work collaboratively with Legal and Technical Intelligence teams to determine best way to leverage Intellectual Property and ensure proper documentation is in place to protect innovations. Identify patent, competitive and cross-industry activity to assess opportunities and infringement risks.
- Support pilot plant activities by providing packaging machine operator expertise and conducting packaging trials as required.
- Development and Project Leadership: Support cross-functional development teams to integrate packaging innovation into front end platforms. Individual will support R&D innovation and renovation projects creating a holistic approach to packaging development. Provide technical analyses, develop alternatives (cost estimates, feasibility, specifications and interpretation of requirements) and prepare recommendations, as required
- Strategic Alliances: Acts as a strategic business partner to ensure connectivity with category innovation teams relating to packaging specific initiatives and approach. Help leverage external network to support Open Innovation in technology scouting for novel applications
- Administration: Interpret and administer company policies
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required to successfully perform major duties/responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to harness strategic thinking to solve difficult problems with effective solutions
- Good understanding of the technical aspects of packaging including different materials, equipment and processes
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced, ambiguous work environment
- Ability to prioritize against business initiatives
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Ability to effectively influence, negotiate, and communicate with internal and external business partners
- Ability to deal with risk
- Demonstrated capability to innovate
- Be able to provide examples of previous packaging innovation work
- Results driven with strong business acumen
- Global mindset with consumer focus
- Excellent presentation skills and written, verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate/explore ideas with others, as well as being able to facilitate the innovation process and internal ideation workshops
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Packaging Engineering degree (BS) plus at least 5+ years applicable work experience
- Consumer goods packaging design and development experience desired. The ideal candidate will have a consumer focused mind set and can apply design thinking facilitated by a good knowledge of materials and equipment to solve consumer needs and deliver meaningful experiences
- Experience with design and development of innovative packaging solutions is considered a key advantage
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans
Associated topics: boxing, carton, distribution, pack, package, packaging, seal, straw sealing, styrofoam, wrap
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...