- $86,650.00 -125,760.00/year*
500 Homestead Ln
Job Location: Hershey, PA
- Implementation & Execution of capital projects to support North American Manufacturing
- The incumbent will be responsible for construction scope and bid package development for small to large capital projects. He/she should possess the appropriate combination of knowledge and experience to have a basic understanding of the design, application, and maintenance of process piping systems, valves, piping specialties, food manufacturing equipment and process automation & instrumentation.
- The incumbent will be responsible for coordinating and overseeing the Equipment and system installation, check-out, and commissioning. He/she must have demonstrated proficiencies in the food, pharmaceutical or other industry that is relative to Hershey manufacturing processes, construction practices and standards and codes that support manufacturing and provide a competitive business advantage.
- Incumbent will be responsible for successful transition of deliverables to plant operating and maintenance staff (including operation manuals, maintenance documents, and technical knowledge)
- Perform conceptual and detailed engineering design and cost estimation for capital projects supporting North American manufacturing
- Develop manufacturing alternatives that meet the business requirements and provide recommended processing solution for the given project. The incumbent shall demonstrate a willingness and ability to think outside the box and test boundaries in order to identify process and manufacturing alternatives that meet the business requirements and establish functional excellence.
- The incumbent will be responsible for PFD & P&ID generation and development.
- The incumbent will be responsible for Equipment specification & selection and evaluation of equipment suppliers. He/she shall possess the appropriate combination of knowledge and experience in design of process systems for the food industry, including: 1. A basic understanding of common process unit operations and equipment used in the food industry; 2. A basic understanding of sanitary design and construction practices used in the food industry; 3. A basic understanding of GMP s; 4. A general knowledge of common equipment suppliers in the food industry.
- The incumbent will be responsible for developing Cost estimates for potential capital projects and solutions.
- Capital Project Management
- The incumbent will be responsible for Cost, schedule, and resource management of small to medium size capital projects. He/she will need to prioritize solutions and develop schedules based on an understanding of the required business objectives. He/she will be responsible for learning & executing projects per Hershey s Project management standards.
- The incumbent will need to Lead multi-functional teams in order to ensure projects are executed successfully
- The incumbent will need to be capable of making critical decisions under pressure and with limited information.
- This position will require domestic and international travel at times to support the ongoing business.
- Travel up to 50% may be expected.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:.
- BS in Chemical, Mechanical, or related Engineering;
- 5-10 (Minimum 4) years working in Food Processing or Chocolate and Confectionery Industry.
- Process engineering, Process design and project management experience, including process troubleshooting and optimization.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans
Associated topics: ansys, autocad, brakes, cae, catia, machine, mechanical, msme, proe, vehicle
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...