- $56,670.00 -168,710.00/year*
500 Homestead Ln
The Hershey EntertainmentSM Venues Safety & Security Department is a key asset to our sweet destination - ensuring that guests and employees are safe, secure, and free to enjoy our many entertainment offerings and events. Join our team and help us keep it sweet!
As a Security Officer Intern, you will be responsible for maintaining the safety and security of all guests, employees, and property of The Entertainment Complex. You will also be expected to provide our guests with exceptional customer service all while gaining knowledge specific to your job duties. As an intern, you will gain skills in the areas of guest service, time management, collaborative work, while also building friendships that last a lifetime. This position is also responsible for learning, retaining, and enforcing all departmental safety requirements, while creating a friendly and hospitable environment for our guests.Important: Housing will not be offered for this Internship. In addition, the Safety and Security Management Team \"may\" request that you assist them with special projects, on an as needed basis, however, this is not a guaranteeJob Functions:
- Providing exemplary service to guests and team members
- Perform and complete assigned tasks from management as needed
- Complete general security tasks
- Inspect bags to prevent the introduction of prohibited items into the venues
- Monitor all vehicles and employees entering and exiting Hershey Entertainment properties and venues according to department and company standard, to ensure all are authorized
- Check ID cards and control vehicle and pedestrian traffic flow
- Consistently practice safe work habits including, but not limited to, use of personal protective equipment, lifting and reporting of unsafe situations
- Maintain a professional appearance that meets Hershey Entertainment and Resorts appearance standards
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must be 18 Years of age or older on the date of applying
- Must be a student in undergraduate education majoring or taking credits in criminology, police science, law enforcement or related study
- Criminal justice, safety and security-related training and experience preferred
- Must be able to work with large crowds in a fast paced environment
- Must be friendly, upbeat, and work well with other employees and be able to interact well with our guests
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work for your scheduled shifts
- Must be able to speak, write, and understand English
- Must be detailed oriented and have clear written and verbal communications skills
- Must display a positive attitude, eagerness to learn, and professional image in compliance with the Hershey Entertainment & Resorts guidelines
- Must have the ability to safeguard confidential information
- Must be able to successfully complete all legal, company and department training requirements to include, but not limited to, passing required tests and certifications within established timelines
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign tasks at any timeHershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Must be able to work flexible hours including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays. Hours may vary based upon operational needs
- Must be able to work in combination of indoor and outdoor weather conditions.
- Physical requirements include standing, sitting, walking, and lifting a minimum of 50 pounds
Associated topics: alarm, canine detection, loss control, protect, public safety, public safety officer, safety report, secure, security officer, surveillance
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...