The Case Manager supports HMI's programmatic endeavours in the areas of outreach, group interventions, and casework. As part of the Homeless Youth Services Team, the Case manager creates meaningful interactions with youth, supports programs and retention of youth. The Case Manager will support in providing a safe space for our young people to be themselves .
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / JOB DUTIES
* Provide case management to homeless LGBTQ youth engaged in the program.
* Facilitate weekly harm reduction group for street-involved homeless youth and support with street based outreach initiatives as needed.
* Directly responsible for the completion of 2010e Supportive Housing Applications and supporting eligible homeless youth with placement in Supportive Housing.
* Create and manage individualized housing service plans for youth engaged in the program.
* Create a warm and welcoming space for homeless and/or street involved youth to participate in programming.
* Develop, facilitate and implement population-specific programming in the Drop-In Program including: job readiness, educational initiatives, prevention and intervention programming that addresses domestic violence, sexual abuse and/or exploitation, and support group services to help meet the presenting psychosocail issues youth are facing.
* Assist in program design, recruitment, and supervision of young people participating in program and services.
* Prepare and coordinate the daily activities/workshops that will be offered during the Services for Homeless Youth's daily drop-in group.
* Perform tasks required during Drop-In Program including: signing youth into program, providing snacks/meals, and apprising all youth of activities and services available to them.
* Staff the Drop-In group according to work plan.
* Responsible for conducting daily community-based outreach according to the implementation plan for outreach services as projected by program contracts
* Conduct programmatic outreach activities (e.g. street outreach, shelters, piers, day centers, parks, health fairs, soup kitchens, house balls and other venues where LGBTQ youth are known to gather).
* Provide HMI Intake process information and conducts community-based Intakes when applicable
* Develop relationships with outside community contacts (e.g. other homeless youth serving organizations, shelters, governmental agencies, etc.)
* Work closely with other HMI Programs providing services to the young people; communicate with staff on individual cases; and assist in case planning.
* Assist youth in accessing on-site Pantry services.
* Track youth member enrollment/activities and contractual requirements, and prepare reports and paperwork required by grants or Agency.
* Maintain client level data, including progress notes and referral logs.
* Maintain group level documentation, including sign-in sheets and session summaries
* Assist in youth events
May be assigned other related job duties as determined by the Management of HMI
EDUCATION - EXPERIENCE - KNOWLEDGE REQUREMENTS
* 4 year degree and 1-2 years working with housing applications
* Experience working with at-risk adolescent and LGBTQ populations and their families
* Ability yo exercise independent judement when appropriate; strong decision-making skills
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* At least two years experience wiith diverse population of adolescents in an urban setting, including knowledge of lesbian, gay, bisexual and trandgender and questioning youth from various cultures and backgrounds
* Experience facilitating group discussions and managing a cariety of small and large group dynamics
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including conflict mediation and public speaking
* Knowlefe od harm reduction rpactices, trauma informed care and positive youth develempent models
* Computer skills: Strong with proficieny in Moicrosoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
OTHER DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
* Spanish Speaking
* Regualr schedule : Monday Friday 12pm 8pm; flexibitliy required at times
* Employee will be require to travel to outreach locations throughout New York metropolitan area
* At times will be required to work outside of regular shift to assist with events relating to youth clients
HMI Is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Associated topics: case manager, case management, development, development manager, manage, office manager, plan, project, program development, project development