Highgate is a premier real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in U.S. gateway markets including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu. Highgate also has an expanding presence in key European markets through properties in London, Paris, Barcelona, Vienna and Prague. Highgate's portfolio of global properties represents an aggregate asset value exceeding $10B and generates over $2B in cumulative revenues. The company provides expert guidance through all stages of the hospitality property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate also has the creativity and bandwidth to develop bespoke hotel brands and utilizes industry leading proprietary revenue management tools that identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive out performance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the industry's most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in London, New York, Dallas, and Seattle.
Edging the bright lights of Broadway and the calm of Bryant Park, The Knickerbocker is a legendary New York landmark reborn as the first luxury hotel in Times Square. Filled with fabled legends, The Knickerbocker once played host to legendary political bigwigs, actresses, oil tycoons and sports figures-and it's rumored the martini was invented here in the hotel. While historic details like the hotel's gorgeous Beaux-Arts facade remain unchanged, a soothing new luxury aesthetic is offered within. The stunning transformation of this treasured Manhattan monument invites discerning travelers to discover 300 luxe guestrooms and suites boasting incredible views and bespoke furnishings. An air of posh authenticity embraces New York City's premier luxury lifestyle hotel.
Employment StatusFull-Time Overview
The Steward/Potwasher/Warewasher is responsible for maintaining cleanliness and proper storage of all china, glass, and silver, and ensuring the highest standards of sanitation. He/she is also responsible for assisting the kitchen staff in maintaining the cleanliness of the kitchen and all storage areas; specifically for cleaning all equipment, utensils, and the physical work area. He/she is also responsible for assisting with proper food storage and rotation.
* Maintain a high standard of cleanliness and orderliness in all kitchens, back dock, dumpster and utility work areas.
* Heavy duty cleaning of ovens, grills, sinks, walls, floors, walk-in refrigerators and freezers and other heavy kitchen equipment.
* Wash pots, pans, and kitchen utensils following proper procedure for their cleanliness and sanitation, and Vacuum carpeted areas through the food and beverage outlets.
* Sweep, mop and wash floors in all food and beverage areas, kitchen, and restaurant and dock area.
* Keep management informed of shortage of equipment and supplies.
* Operate the dishwashing equipment to ensure that all china, glass, and silver are cleaned thoroughly and sanitation of such is maintained.
* Return all clean china, glass, and silver to its proper storage location using care to minimize breakage.
* Knowledge of proper safe handling techniques for all chemicals used.
* Report any faulty equipment to management immediately.
* Empty garbage from the Food and Beverage areas into the hotel dumpster.
* Know the location and operation of all fire extinguishing equipment.
* Practice safe work habits at all times to avoid possible injury to self or other employees.
* Follow the proper procedures in the breakdown, cleaning and reassembling of all kitchen equipment, as needed.
* Follow all sanitation standards.
* Assist in the set up and breakdown of the restaurant buffet as required.
* Assist Banquets by supplying china, glass, and silver as required by business demand
* High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
* Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
* Heavy work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
* Ability to stand during entire shift.
* Ability to withstand temperature variations, both hot and cold.
* Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
* Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
* Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
* Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
* Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
* Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
* Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
* Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
* Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
* Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
* Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
* Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
* Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
* Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
* Perform other duties as requested by management.
Associated topics: cleaner, cookware, dishwasher, dishwasher steward, duties, plates, service assistant, stock, utensils, wash