Come Join the Hospice of Michigan team!
You can make a profound difference in the lives of our patients and their families. With roots dating back to the 1970s, Hospice of Michigan is the most experienced provider of hospice care in the state. We are a non-profit, freeing us to focus entirely on the care of our patients and families. Simply put, we put people first, always. That's why our standard is Every person, Every time.
Hospice of Michigan Institute is leading the way for end-of-life care in Michigan and throughout the country. What are you waiting for? Come join us as we work to ensure quality of life, comfort and peace for our patients and provide support for their loved ones during their end-of-life experience. It could be your life s best work!
**Position will cover both Alpena, MI and Gaylord, MI territories**
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Assumes responsibility and accountability for the care of hospice and palliative care patients within the Hospice of Michigan practice. Will provide services under a collaborative practice agreement with the physicians of the practice. Will be eligible to perform independent and collaborative research as part of nursing practice.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs accurate history and physical examinations.
- As supported by the attending physician, initiates treatment of physical symptoms and pain management related to end-of-life care which lies within the nurse practitioner s scope of practice.
- Works in collaboration with the palliative care physician to establish and meet the goals of care, coordinate with the attending physician and make recommendations to the attending physician for ongoing treatment plans.
- Working with the collaborating physician and Director of PalliativeCare,identifies anddocumentsmedical necessity for home/facilityencounters, includingappropriatenessfor initiating services, timing/necessity of follow up encounters, and appropriateness for hospice evaluation and/or discharge frompractice.
- Completes timely and accurate documentation of all activities in the EMR system for Arbor Hospice.
- Provides assistance to patients and families in goal setting and care plan development with end-of-life discussions.
- Prescribes medication for treatment with consideration to individual patient s insurance formularies as a function delegated by the physician consultants of the practice.
- Plans careto utilizecommunity resources and act as a liaison by relaying information to other health care professionals and agencies to provide for continuity of care.
- Participates in assisting with in-services and education of other members of the care team.
- Current licensure in the State of Michigan as a Nurse Practitioner, and maintain such licensure in accordance with applicable laws and regulations and perform within the scope specified.
- Master s degree in Nursing with advanced skills in physical assessment.
- Minimum of three years clinical nursing experience and/or at least one year of post-graduate clinical nursing experience desirable in the hospice and palliative care field.
- Prefer board certification in Palliative Care.
Associated topics: assessments, associate, certified nurse midwife, clinical, gyn, neighborcare, nurse practitioner, prac, rnp, specialist