Assistant Vice President, Value Management
Value Management Office
The Assistant Vice President, Value Management will serve as the administrative lead for the Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS) Center for the Advancement of Value in Musculoskeletal Care, which is charged with coordinating across internal and external stakeholders to advance health care value, a strategic priority for the hospital. The role will report to the hospital's Chief Value Medical Officer and work closely clinical and administrative leaders across the organization to implement HSS's value strategy.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Assisting Chief Value Medical Officer in the Development and Oversight of the HSS Value Strategy: Support efforts to define and measure value (quality and cost) across the HSS enterprise, and to position the hospital as a national leader in this space, working in collaboration with the HSS Payer Strategy, Employer Relations, and Quality teams to engage payers, employers, and performance rating organizations to understand perspectives/needs of these stakeholders and work collaboratively with them to develop innovative strategies that will advance the delivery of high value care.
* Improve Value of Care: Support efforts to execute HSS Value Strategy in collaboration clinical and operational teams taking lead on:
* Strategy to Operationalize of Episode of Care Pathways: Support and drive institution-wide efforts to improve quality, efficiencies and value in generally and in support of specific payment reform initiatives (e.g. BPCI, corporate bundled payment models). Lead efforts to implement HSS Care Pathways in the most efficient, effective and coordinated manner.
* Population health: Working with Chief Value Medical Officer refine HSS population health strategy. Develop framework for execution of population health strategy at HSS consistent with HSS Value Principles. Work with clinical service lines to implement population health program. Define and put into place mechanism to routinely collect, evaluate and report key performance metrics related to quality, efficiency and patient satisfaction.
* Primary care: Lead efforts to develop strategy to engage, educate and coordinate with primary care physicians in the management of musculoskeletal diseases. Work with clinical, education and operational leaders to develop and implement programs that will advance the delivery of high quality, efficient musculoskeletal care among primary care physicians. Develop menu of strategies for different payment models through which HSS can engage with PCPs to facilitate the delivery of best, coordinated musculoskeletal care for HSS patients.
* Quantify & Communicate Value: Partner with the HSS Healthcare Research Institute (HRI), Marketing, Employer Relations and the Payer teams to improve the way that value is communicated to key external stakeholders, including consumers, employers, and payers.
* Advanced degree or equivalent
* Health or business related field, preferred
* 5+ years of healthcare industry experience
* Knowledge of healthcare provider and payer trends
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Strong customer service orientation
* Strong project management, presentation, coaching and leadership skills
* Detail oriented with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
* Experience in utilization management, preferred
* Experience in care redesign, preferred
* Strong analytical and strategic thinking capabilities
The role will be rewarded with competitive compensation, a fast-paced environment and the invaluable experience gained from a best-in-class specialty hospital.
Qualified candidates who desire to be part of a world-class team protecting and building upon our legacy of excellence are encouraged to apply now!
Hospital for Special Surgery offers a unique work environment, diverse job types and extraordinary career opportunities.
HSS encourages and supports professional growth and development, recognizes individual contributions, and offers unique and highly competitive compensation packages. This is how we attract and retain highly skilled professionals, renowned for their leadership and vision in clinical care, teaching, research & development.
Founded in 1863, Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS) is a world leader in orthopedics, rheumatology and rehabilitation. In the most recent U.S. News & World Report \"American's Best Hospitals\" issue, HSS ranks #1 in orthopedics and #3 in rheumatology. In addition, the American Nurses Credentialing Center has honored HSS with four consecutive designations of Magnet? recognition.
Values: excellence, integrity, compassion, respect, teamwork, quality, safety, innovations, education, efficiency?
Vision: lead the world as the most innovative source of medical care, the premier research institution, and the most trusted educator?
Mission: provide the highest quality patient care, improve mobility, and enhance the quality of life for all and to advance the science...through research and education?
Associated topics: administrative assistant, administrative coordinator, administrative officer, assist, associate, chief operations officer, document, operational support, records management, support