Part Time Clinical Nurse
Three Shifts Per Week
Tuesdays andThursdays required
Perioperative Sports Medicine
Department of Nursing
O.R. EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
As an integral member of our Magnet Nursing team, the successful RN candidate will be focused on - patient advocacy and delivering the highest quality of care to our patients! Working in an evidence-based nursing environment that commands excellence every day, you will provide comprehensive peri-operative nursing care to our patients and their families in this acute care setting. Our core values center on respect, consideration, compassion for all individuals and maintaining awareness of diverse cultural and religious beliefs. Your capacity to collaborate with the interdisciplinary team and promote the highest standards of care and safety is critical to the mission of Nursing in HSS.
The Ambulatory Surgery Unit (ASC) is located on the ninth floor of the main hospital building. The center consists of a waiting/registration area, 10 pre-anesthesia holding rooms, 2 isolation pre-anesthesia holding room, 9 operative suites, a 17 bay/bed Acute Post Anesthesia Care Unit, which includes 15 beds, 2 isolation rooms, and a Sub Acute Post Anesthesia Care Unit which includes 8 recliners. Support areas include a patient nourishment station, a physical therapy room, 2 physician consultation rooms, Surgeon dictation room, anesthesia work room, a decontamination area, a dedicated \"dirty\" elevator to central supply and the fourth floor operating rooms, a dedicated \"clean\" elevator to central supply and the fourth floor operating rooms, 2 staff locker rooms and a staff lounge.
* Work collaboratively with multidisciplinary health care teams to maintain the standards of professional nursing practices in a clinical setting
* Collect comprehensive data on patients' health (from patients and/or family members); Analyze data to determine needs & develop individualized care plans; update care plans based on progression and pathway as well as manage care delivery
* Ensure that all physician orders are carried out appropriately and timely; work collaboratively with ancillary staff, including Patient Care Assistants
* Integrate patient care standards in all clinical activities; participate in performance improvement activities to improve patient safety, quality of care and patient outcomes
* Maintain sensitivity and awareness of cultural and religious diversity when addressing patients, visitors, co-workers and other customers
* Promote a supportive and team-oriented environment
* Support departmental responsibilities consistent with the long-range strategic plan, mission, vision and values of the hospital
* BSN from an accredited school of nursing required
* 1+ years' of OR experience, preferably in sports medicine/ortho
* NYS RN license and registration required
* BLS certification required
* HCAHPS/EPIC knowledge preferred
* Your scope of duties will include O.R. clinical competence, incorporating physical and emotional assessments, age specific competency, critical thinking skills, and educating patients and their family members regarding their plan of care and clinical pathway.
* Strong patient centered approach with emphasis on providing exemplary and world-class customer service
* Meticulous attention to detail
* Self-motivated and proactive; a team player who knows how to think critically in a fast-paced, challenging environment
* Active participant in seeking solutions to problems
Hospital for Special Surgery offers a unique work environment, diverse job types and extraordinary career opportunities. HSS encourages and supports professional growth and development, recognizes individual contributions, and offers unique and highly competitive compensation packages. This is how we attract and retain highly skilled professionals, renowned for their leadership and vision in clinical care, teaching, research & development.
Founded in 1863, Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS) is a world leader in orthopedics, rheumatology and rehabilitation. In the most recent U.S. News & World Report \"American's Best Hospitals\" issue, HSS ranks #1 in orthopedics and #3 in rheumatology. In addition, the American Nurses Credentialing Center has honored HSS with four consecutive designations of Magnet? recognition. HSS has one of the lowest infection rates in the country.
Associated topics: ccu, coronary, maternal, nurse clinical, nurse rn, recovery, staff nurse, tcu, transitional, unit