Hospital for Special Surgery #1 in Orthopedics for the last 9 years is currently looking for an experienced and energetic Full Time Floater/Coordinator in Physician Practice Management. You will be Providing our world-renowned Physicians' medical practices with administrative support, act as liaison to a wide variety of hospital staff and departments, assist with the day-to- day practice operations ensuring the highest level of customer service delivery, practice, support and patient confidentiality. This position does require ability to travel.
* Superior written and oral communication skills
* Exceptional customer service skills
* Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
* Ability to follow through with tasks to completion
* Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
* Ability to effectively and accurately follow directions or instructions
* Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team; offers to help coworkers when needed
* Ability to escalate issues appropriately
* Consistently displays a positive attitude towards one's work and work environment
* Experience with Epic preferred; strong computer skills required
* Knowledge of healthcare and health insurance, required
* Familiarity with medical terminology, preferred
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Provide assistance in the day-to-day administration of the department.
* As needed, assume the lead role of and perform the responsibilities of office manager for a period of time either finite or extended
* Answer telephone, route callers, take messages and provide routine information to callers in a professional and efficient manner.
* Schedule patient appointments and other ancillary tests as directed by office manager, medical secretary or physician.
* Verify insurance coverage, pre-certify/authorize patient visits and procedures
* Perform financial transactions and related functions when appropriate and directed by office manager, medical secretary or physician
* Adjust and acclimate to various work assignments and work environments
* Manage time appropriately to meet patient, department and hospital needs.
* Maintain satisfactory attendance record and communicate time away with PPM
* Identify strengths and weaknesses in office workflow on behalf of PPM.
* Communicate techniques to PPM for troubleshooting said weaknesses.
* Uphold the values of HSS and PPM in all assigned medical offices.
* Associate's degree required, Bachelor's degree highly desirable. 3-5- years physician office experience may be considered in lieu of education.
* Must be able to travel to multiple locations, including: CT, Westchester, Queens, and Long Island