Office Manager Requirement for Dr. Nwachukwu:
Hospital for Special Surgery, #1 in Orthopedics for the last 9 years, is currently looking for an experienced and energetic Full Time Office Manager for one of our physician offices. Dr. Nwachukwu specializes in orthopedic surgery for sports medicine. In this role you will provide comprehensive administrative support and direction to an HSS physician practice, overseeing day-to-day operations and contributing to an environment of clinical excellence.
Responsibilities will entail supervising staff and facilitating communication between staff and the physician, arranging meetings and conferences, maintaining physician's personal and professional calendars, surgical scheduling and coordinating, scheduling appointments, patient check out, developing processes to maximize office resources and anticipating the needs of patients as they arise. In addition, the Office Manager will promote a professional atmosphere through courteous communication, cooperation and respect for patients, visitors and members of the health care team. You will also be responsible for managing billing functions and customer service for patients and families, acting as a liaison to the physicians and hospital departments.
* Superior written and oral communication skills
* Exceptional customer service skills
* Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
* Ability to follow through with tasks to completion
* Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
* Ability to effectively and accurately follow directions or instructions
* Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team; offers to help coworkers when needed
* Ability to escalate issues appropriately
* Consistently displays a positive attitude towards one's work and work environment
* Experience with Epic preferred; strong computer skills required
* Knowledge of healthcare and health insurance, required
* Familiarity with medical terminology, preferred
* Associate's degree required, Bachelor's degree highly desirable. 5-7 years physician office experience may be considered in lieu of education.