Working under the supervision of an MD and the Director of Support Services, you will provide care to patients in the physician office setting. Your scope of duties will include assisting the physician in treatments and procedures, fostering effective and patient throughput, delivering excellent customer service, establishing and maintaining an organized professional environment. Your ability to promote the highest standards of patient safety and respond to patients and families with consideration and compassion is critical to the mission of HSS. You will also serve as a Scribe, entering patient information, including dictated activities into the EHR (electronic health record) or chart at the direction of a physician and must be present with patient and physician at time of service. The scribe does not and may not act independently and will not be able to enter orders.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Enter information into the EHR as directed by the physician or licensed practitioner
* Rooming intake (vitals, immunizations, etc)
* Medical, Social and Past Histories
* Review of Systems
* Progress note (exam, plan of treatment, etc)
* Locating medical information for review by provider (previous notes, reports, results, etc)
* Research information for the provider.
* Maintain exam room inventory and order supplies
* Assist Medical Provider with Procedures (i.e. Injections, Aspirations)
* May be required to remove sutures/staples under direct supervision
* Phlebotomy experience preferred
* Attend monthly staff meetings and specialized training classes as scheduled
* Complete all in-service learning requirements including but not limited to the annual in-service learning
* High School diploma or equivalent
* At least one year of experience as a nursing attendant, emergency technician, or armed medical corps.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and customer service strengths will also be vital to this role.