- Houghton Mifflin
- $77,920.00 -127,920.00/year*
21 Warren St
Job Requisition ID: 15155
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (HMH) is looking for a data-driven, self-starter with strong analytical skills to join the team as Digital Marketing Analyst. In this role, the Marketing Analyst will provide detailed insights to the Digital Marketing Team that will lead to the optimization of HMH s K-12 digital marketing strategy. This position will play an important role in discovering performance patterns within campaigns and report on trends and findings that will translate to actionable recommendations for the Marketing organization.
The Digital Marketing Analyst is responsible for providing actionable insights for our business via the generation of a high-volume of reports across multiple business units and stakeholders. In addition to reporting, the person in this role must provide the advanced analysis of performance data. This is a hands-on position that requires the ability to partner with stakeholders to translate business challenges into research questions - and then translate research findings into actionable business recommendations.
The Marketing Analyst will work cross-functionally with the New York based Marketing group to set forecasts, success metrics, and detailed reports for all digital marketing campaigns and the leads that continue on through the sales funnel. This person must be able to analyze and provide data on full customer journeys across many channels including e-mail, paid search, display, social media, and web activity. This role will provide support in informing strategic marketing decisions across the organization, with a focus on generating both leads and sales to both new and returning customers from HMH s K-12 web presence.
* Bachelor's degree
* Understanding of web analytics methodologies, terminology, and metrics.
* Strong ability to read and understand e-commerce and digital marketing data. Ability to build and automate reports that summarize data in a meaningful way.
* 3+ years experience and expertise with enterprise analytics tools (Google Analytics) and online data analysis
* Thorough understanding and experience with contemporary digital analytic topics such as attribution, social analytics, mobile analytics
* Marketing experience preferred
* Experience with Google Tag Manager preferred
* Knowledge of Salesforce and Eloqua preferred
* Experience with SQL preferred
* Experience with Business Intelligence tools, such as Domo, Tableau, and Power BI preferred
* Experience with R, Python, or other computational programming languanges preferred
* Might be in a stationary position for a considerable time (sitting and/or standing) for 4+ hours.
* The person in this position needs to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
* Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
* Must be able to collaborate with colleagues via face to face, conference calls, and online meetings.
* Must be able to travel up to 10% of the time.
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (NASDAQ:HMHC) is a global learning company dedicated to changing people's lives by fostering passionate, curious learners. As a leading provider of pre-K-12 education content, services, and cutting-edge technology solutions across a variety of media, HMH enables learning in a changing landscape. HMH is uniquely positioned to create engaging and effective educational content and experiences from early childhood to beyond the classroom. HMH serves more than 50 million students in over 150 countries worldwide, while its award-winning children's books, novels, non-fiction, and reference titles are enjoyed by readers throughout the world.
For more information, visit
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.