Youth Director - Howard
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Director of Youth Ministry • Job Description
Howard Christian Church, 367 Walnut St. P.O. Box 465, Howard PA 16841
(814) 625-2764 – www.howardchristianchurch.org
POSITION: Director of Youth Ministry (part-time – 15-20 hours a week)
Operational Supervisor: Minister
General Supervisor: Elders
Position Purpose: To direct and lead youth programming for Middle School and High School age youth. The Director of Youth Ministry shall seek to foster Christian community through building relationships with young people that strengthen their commitment to the church and growth in faith in Jesus Christ.
Director of Youth Ministry shall:
1. Provide leadership for and function as the primary staff person relating to the Youth Ministry.
2. Teach the High School Sunday School Class
3. Oversee the recruitment and training of adult volunteers to work with Middle and High School age groups.
4. Plan and implement age appropriate activities for Middle and High School age youth that promote community through fellowship, fun and faith development. Such activities might include; church camp, small group Bible study, retreats and service projects. musicals and dramatic presentations.
5. Work with the Youth and Education team in preparation of an annual budget.
6. Promote Christian service through age appropriate service projects.
1. Be a part of the worshiping community of Howard Christian Church on a regular basis, taking part in worship development and youth involvement within the worship services.
2. Attend meetings and coordinate youth event with the minister and Youth and Education Team.
3. Meet regularly with minister at a time mutually agreed upon.
4. Coordinate youth activities with other ministries of the congregation in cooperation with staff.
5. Be in contact with office staff and provide a timely and accurate schedule of Youth activities. Keep the congregation informed of youth events by coordinating the publicity for youth activities through the appropriate vehicles provided by the church. (e.g. Connections Newsletter, special mailings, posters, bulletin announcements, web page, social media etc.)
6. Encourage young people to participate in all facets of the life of the community of faith at Howard Christian Church, including worship, music, educational opportunities, youth activities, Camp activities, and service projects, etc.
Working Conditions: The position of Director of Youth Ministry requires great flexibility in hours available for work, including evenings and weekends. This is a part-time position consisting of 15-20 hours per week. Furthermore, it is recognized that the schedule may vary at different times of the year. It is therefore understood that the Director of Youth Ministry shall:
1. Maintain some regularly scheduled office hours in order to be accessible to youth, parents, staff and the leadership of the congregation. Must have a cell phone to connect with staff and families of the church.
2. Keep the church office informed as to how the Youth Director can be contacted.
3. Notify the staff prior to all unforeseen and untimely absences from regularly scheduled events, and provide a suitable substitute in the case of anticipated absence (meeting excepted).
4. In the case of extended time away from the office arrange to receive messages.
5. Be familiar with and operate within the guidelines set forth in the employee handbook
Office, phone, computer, voice mail, email, internet services, duplicating and secretarial support is provided by the congregation for work related to this position.
Qualifications: Since the Youth Director plays a major role in the faith development of the younger members of the church, both as a leader, and as an example, Howard Christian Church seeks a professional leader who has a solid understanding of the foundations of the Christian faith, Restoration tradition and who has a strong desire to nurture young people in the Christian faith. We seek a person who generates new ideas and programs and a person who values a team concept of ministry. Therefore, the following qualifications are desirable.
1. A dedicated and passionate follower of Jesus.
2. The ability to work with youth and adults.
3. Good organizational and communication skills.
Please Send Resume and list of three references with contact information to:
Youth Search Team: Youth@howardchristianchurch.org
Loading some great jobs for you...