Professional Services Veterinarian who consults with Practice Owner Veterinarians on medical protocols to promote growth and utilization of IDEXX products, services and medical testing; and promote customer satisfaction and loyalty. Represent IDEXX to customers and academia. Partner with Sales Force and collaborate with internal teams, providing technical support to sales and marketing, technical training, market trials and other applicable technical activities. The North East Region includes New York City, Long Island and parts of NJ and CT.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Consult with Practice Owner Veterinarians on medical protocols to promote growth and utilization of IDEXX products, services and medical testing.
* Represent IDEXX to customers and academia which may include hosting seminars and continuing education sessions on company products to key influencers at Clinics, University and Veterinary Schools, and other venues.
* Partner with Sales Force and other IDEXX areas as needed. Collaborate with internal teams, providing technical support to sales and marketing, technical training, market trials, and other applicable technical activities.
* Proactively support the company's products through assisting, creating and reviewing technical materials and presenting technical subjects to a variety of audiences. May assist and write technical documents and/or provide input and approval oversight on marketing and field selling materials.
* Provide support to IDEXX Training Department, creating written materials, presentations, and conducting training sessions as appropriate.
* Assure compliance with all lDEXX SOP's and procedures relative to product complaints, adverse drug event reporting and client records.
* Handle customer (veterinary and end-user) questions providing technical advice and following through on product complaints.
* Adhere to and model the IDEXX Purpose & Guiding Principles.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* DVM degree or equivalent.
* Advanced degree or board certification preferred.
* Typically 5-8 years of experience in the Veterinary Industry and/or in Veterinary Practice
* Basic knowledge of FDA/CVM regulations, and cGMP preferred.
* Licensed to practice in at least one state a plus.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Solid knowledge of current topics and issues in clinical veterinary medicine.
* Strong business acumen, including specific knowledge of products and services sold.
* Seasoned business and medical professional.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively and appropriately influence others.
* Strong facilitator, able to resolve conflict through mutual understanding and respect.
* Excellent customer service and business relationship-building skills required.
* Professional maturity, adaptability and responsiveness to employee, customer and peer needs or concerns.
* Strong problem-solving and decision making skills with the willingness and ability to work collaboratively with others in a matrix environment.
* High integrity and honesty to keep commitments to Employees, Customers and the Company.
* Goal oriented, with drive, initiative and passion for business and team excellence.
* Ability to organize and prioritize.
* A service oriented attitude.
* Computer proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word
* Extensive travel up to 75%
* Extended hours may be required
* Moderate sitting, phone and computer use
* Office or remote/home office environment.
* Visits to Veterinary Clinics.
We appreciate our staffing partners, however at this time, no unsolicited Employment Agency resumes are accepted.
Associated topics: cardiologist, doctor, internal medicine, locum, neuter, oncologist, primary care, spay, spay neuter, veterinarian