Assistant Production Manager
About Dependable Cleaners
Dependable Cleaners (www.DependableCleaners.com), a family owned and operated business since 1944, has served the Boston metro area for over 70 years. We have 16 locations in the South Shore, Boston, Brookline and Watertown and we pride ourselves in giving our customers the highest quality in clothing care. We have received numerous awards, including Best of Boston, Mayor of Boston's Greenovate Award, Best of South Shore Living and over 80 Readers Choice Awards. Dependable Cleaners exercises both green business practices and active community outreach programs.
We are seeking an Assistant Production Manager, primarily responsible for ensuring the high quality service and garment care that Dependable Cleaners delivers to all customers. The Assistant Production Manager will also assist with managing the daily operations of a 5,000 sq. ft. dry cleaning and laundry production facility.
* Assist with hiring, training and coaching a team of associates that represents the high quality of Dependable Cleaners' standards
* Ensure quality and production standards are met through coaching, training and management of all cleaning, pressing and assembly functions
* Assist with resolving both internal and external client's issues and concerns in a professional and timely manner
* Provide a clean, organized and inviting environment for both clients and associates
* Assist with human resource related tasks including recruiting, on boarding, payroll and scheduling, safety and store security
Qualifications and Skills:
* 2 to 4 years' experience in operations management; prior experience in a fast-paced customer service production environment or dry cleaning/laundry experience a plus
* Demonstrated supervisory skills in a fast-paced production environment
* Strong customer service skills
* Excellent leadership qualities, training, team building and mentoring skills
* Strong communication skills and a team-oriented work ethic
* Ability to multi-task
* Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for eligible employees including:
* Base pay plus incentive
* Excellent Health and Dental Insurance
* 401k, Short Term/Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program
* Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays
* Extensive training
* Employee discount
Follow us on Twitter: www.Twitter.com/Dependableclean
Follow us on Facebook: www.Facebook.com/DependableCleaners
Check us out on YouTube: www.Youtube.com/DependableClean
Applicants, as well as position incumbents, who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.
Dependable Cleaners is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity. Applicants for employment and employees are reviewed on their individual qualifications for a position. Under no circumstances will Dependable Cleaners discriminate against qualified persons on the basis of race, color, religious creed, retaliation, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, disability, mental illness, genetics, choice of health insurance, marital status, age, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable law.