Sher Fertility Institute is seeking an experienced fertility nurse to join our busy Manhattan practice. To provide patient-centric care by working within the inter-departmental Team concept.
* Coordinate IVF and IUI cycles for patients as directed by practice physicians.
* Responsible for ensuring all required labs and procedures are completed and documented
* Document accurately all patient care services in ArtWorks.
* Triage of patient phone calls and other communications.
* Provide patient counseling and education
* Ensure quality and accuracy of materials provided to patients.
* Communicate physician orders and instructions to patients
* Communicate with patients regarding lab results with clear interpretation and explanation.
* Review patient charts for medical issues which may require evaluation before proceeding with IVF cycle.
* Communicate with all staff, clinical and administrative in order to provide high quality patient care.
* Maintain a safe and clean environment.
* Adhere to all processes, SOP's state and federal regulations.
* Understand and provide cost effective care.
* Understand and use Incident Reporting application as necessary
* Complete all required trainings as designated
* Maintain active licensure and current certifications as applicable.
* Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing professional publications.
Additional Job Functions:
* Assist in OR/PACU
* Coordination of services with affiliate providers
* Participate in daily/weekly meetings for review of patients status
* Complete paperwork for billing
* Conduct medication/injection instructions in individual or group settings
* Cover weekend / holiday schedules as required
* Perform pre op evaluations
* Interview and hire additional clinical staff as needed
* Review new/existing staff
Experience in women's health and/or infertility preferred.
Use of computer systems
Position, Licensure and Certification Requirements:
Current RN for the state of employment without restriction.
Current CPR certification, or acquire within 1 month of employment
Passionate concern for our Purpose, Vision and Values
* Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
Associated topics: ambulatory, domiciliary, infusion, maternal, nurse, nurse rn, recovery, registered nurse, staff nurse, tcu