The Director, Marketplace Innovation East will help IPG Mediabrands' strategy and programmatic teams in NYC and the Midwest navigate the opportunities and complexities of programmatic direct investment. This role revels in the convergence of traditional publisher direct investment with audience and technology platform strategies. The Director will work across all internal business units, with a focus on the Media Agency Brand Strategy and Programmatic Specialists to help evangelize MAGNA's centralized media investment methodology and drive adoption of our marketplace discovery platform. The role requires an individual who is passionate about performance analytics, publisher investment and next generation ad technology. The Director of Marketplace Innovation East will report directly to the Vice President of Marketplace Innovation in Los Angeles.
* Work collaboratively with Strategy/Investment leads and Programmatic Specialists to develop unified performance reporting which helps guide programmatic direct investment
* Work with programmatic publisher sales teams to evangelize the adoption and use of private marketplaces
* Work directly with the Cadreon (IPG's ad tech unit) to document publisher investment performance reporting and optimization techniques
* Work closely with product managers, data scientists, and platform engineers located in San Francisco to advance MAGNA's Marketplace functionality
* Consult with supply-side platforms like Index Exchange, DoubleClick AdExchange, TrustX, OpenX, Rubicon Project, PubMatic, SpotX, and FreeWheel Marketplace to drive publisher direct investment.
* Consult with leading DSP platforms like The Trade Desk, DoubleClick BidManager, TubeMogul by Adobe, MediaMath, Amboee (formerly Turn), etc. to optimize PMP workflow and reporting
* Identify and drive adoption of emerging technologies and their associated exchange technologies
* Evangelize best practices to protect against for brand safety issues, inventory fraud, and non-human traffic exposure
* Drive transparency initiatives and adoption of Programmatic Guaranteed
* Bachelor's degree or masters
* 5-10 years of work in advertising technology
* Experience in yield optimization platforms like Doubleclick for Publishers, Rubicon, Doubleclick AdExchange, Index Exchange, SpotX, PubMatic, OpenX, etc.
* Experience with common Demand Side Platforms (DBM, TTD, MediaMath, TubeMogul, Turn)
* Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel
* Fundamental knowledge of the OpenRTB spec and advanced understanding of Private Marketplace technology
* Experience working with Media Strategy and Investment teams
* Advanced knowledge of online media metrics and analysis reporting
* Understanding of Media agency planning and buying tendencies
* Understanding of media publisher yield management needs
* Experience with analyzing large data sets to drive insights
* Ability to work collaboratively as part of a cross-functional team at multiple levels within a global organization
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Must be able to prioritize, multi-task, and deliver in-full both short and long term projects in a high stress environments
* Business Travel may be required at times
MAGNA is the centralized IPG Mediabrands resource that develops intelligence, investment and innovation strategies for agency teams and clients. We utilize our insights, forecasts and strategic relationships to provide clients with a competitive marketplace advantage.
MAGNA harnesses the aggregate power of all IPG media investments to create leverage in the market, negotiate preferred pricing and secure premium inventory to drive maximum value for our clients. The MAGNA Investment and Innovation teams architect go-to-market investment strategies across all channels including linear television, print, digital and programmatic on behalf of IPG clients. The team focuses on the use of emerging media opportunities, as well as data and technology-enabled solutions to drive optimal client performance and business results.
MAGNA Intelligence has set the industry standard for more than 60 years by predicting the future of media value. The MAGNA Intelligence team produces more than 40 annual reports on audience trends, media spend and market demand as well as ad effectiveness. For more information, please visit www.magnaglobal.com or follow us on Twitter @MAGNAGLOBAL.
Associated topics: ad, advertise, alumni, care, community, donor, lead generation, marketplace, principle gift, social media