We are Ipsos
We help some of the biggest companies solve their biggest problems. We dominate the market research world. We are everywhere: in 87 countries and counting. Our clients make the products you use every day, probably including the browser that led you to this posting and the beverage that is sitting next to you. Pick a sector and we are there, on the ground helping our clients make the most of their advertising in technology, media, consumer goods, automotive, you name it. We help build stronger brands and are behind the reason you (and we) buy them. We pat ourselves on the back anytime there is an uptick in the economy.
We are currently looking for a Marketing Research Manager for our Innovation/Market Strategy & Understanding service line.
The Ipsos Marketing Research Manager (internally known as Account Manager) is responsible for client engagement, research planning and design, data analysis/ results presentations, and proposals/pricing. The Account Manager collaborates with clients to understand key business issues/needs and then makes actionable recommendations on optimal design, execution and analysis.
Develop superior client relationships which result in exceptional client satisfaction and mutual business growth. Accountable for client leadership on critical business and research issues on custom research (both domestic and global), including equity research, foundational/habits and practices, innovation research, product testing, package testing, price testing, segmentation, etc. at varying stages. Leverage analytical skills to uncover insights across various data sources, and collaborate across Ipsos specialties for maximal client impact.
* Client Engagement
* Provides strategic consultation to help client understand the research questions/methodologies to address key business challenges
* Seeks to understand how research fits into broader category/brand growth plans
* Leads the client to a better design despite possible push-back
* Exercises strong leadership skills in interactions with clients
* Builds strong relationships with clients and leverages category/brand expertise to influence client's thinking on research design, insights and implications, as well as overall business decision making
* Identifies opportunities to deliver a more holistic solution via integrating a myriad of relevant knowledge sources
* Research Planning and Design
* Responsible for developing appropriate research specifications including sample design, methodology, base size requirements and incidences, questionnaire outline, and Analysis Plan development
* Communicates with the Analyst Development team (ADP) on overall project objectives/background to enable project success and flawless execution
* Provides overall study specifications and outline of questions to ADP to enable smooth execution, smart questionnaire development and efficient Tab Plan completion
* Provides input to performance assessment and provides ongoing career development support
* Analyzes and communicates the data to create conclusions and recommendations from the data results based on the client's needs and business
* Works with Marketing Sciences to develop the Analytic Plan (where needed)
* Accountable for delivering high quality output---on time, with no errors
* Creates high-impact, visually appealing and engaging end deliverables
* Integrates multiple sources of data for telling the story and delivering a Call to Action to the client
* Presents compelling insights to clients in a way that evokes confidence, expertise and translates complicated insights into actionable items
* Provides strategic direction on addressing business challenges
* Delivers client presentations as needed
* Responsible for managing the overall project profitability
* Manages all aspects of pricing and profitability
* Delivers business results measured against Team Revenue goals
* Identifies unmet needs and appropriate solutions to move the business ahead internally and externally
* Builds strong relationships with internal business partners
* Responds to internal questions/inquiries in a timely manner
* Participates in office activities to build capabilities/training
* Engages with Team Leaders with high level clients, new clients, more strategic/complex/unique designs; provides input to the Strategic Account Plan development
Ideal Candidate has the following Skills and Experience:
* Bachelor's degree is required with a minimum of 4 years of Custom Market Research experience
* Prior client service experience a must
* Significant working knowledge of quantitative market research
* Competent with data and basic statistical understanding. A base knowledge of qualitative research is required.
* Ability to oversee and direct multiple projects
* Superior people management and people development skills
* Strong leadership skills
* Ability to think creatively and strategically
* Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills to include effective negotiation skills
* Strong analytical skills and business acumen
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other protected class and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Associated topics: capital, commercial, economics, economy asset, estate, financial, insurer, investment, pricing, wholesale