- ITT Corporation
8 Seneca St
QA Weld and Pump Inspector
The focus of this position is to ensure quality levels at various stages of production to include components, subassemblies and finished devices.
QC Inspector responsibilities include:
* Perform Quality Inspections for various fabrications for each code, internal specifications and procedures.
* Complete required documentation per NDT / NDE or other defined requirements.
* Prepare and process non-conforming material reports on discrepant material, components or product
* Approve and release materials, components and product
* Review component level products for proper identification and verification.
* Participate in the calibration program
* Work with Engineering and Quality Management to generate and maintain current quality/inspection plans
* Perform process monitoring / auditing as required.
Skills and Experience
* 4-6 years in manufacturing quality assurance in
a non-destructive test or non-destructive examination role
Visual inspection certification (ASNT VT Level
II preferred; will consider appropriate amount of classroom/logged hours in
lieu of certification). Training provided with successful completion within
30days of employment.
MT, UT, PT, RT certifications or experience is a
AWS CWI preferred however not required
ASNT NDT certifications a plus
Can read, understand and perform various testing
needs per ASME: B31.1, B31.3, BPVC Section VIII & IX
Previous weld inspection experience in a shop
Skilled use of common weld inspection tools
Ability to read blue prints
Ability to use standard inspection tools;
micrometers, calipers, and etc
Familiar with GD&T
Familiar with machine shops
Knowledge of manufacturing, production control.
Skills required - Word, Excel, Minitab and
HSD/GED is required
Associated topics: calibrate, criteria, qa, quality assurance, quality control, quality control/quality assurance, quality manager, quality technician, requalification, test
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...