Loading some great jobs for you...
The manager of CNC Programming / Manufacturing Engineering position leads and directs the work of a team of manufacturing engineers providing superior technical knowledge, leadership, and outstanding people skills and management. The position oversees the development, implementation and improvement of manufacturing processes to maintain proper product functionality as well as cost efficiency; ensures the engineering team and other manufacturing departments work together cohesively and is responsible for the development of equipment to aid in the manufacturing process in conformance with all Health, Safety and Environmental Policies.
1. Drive functional excellence of the manufacturing engineering team, managing approximately 14 direct reports including manufacturing engineers, process engineers and CNC programmers
2. Manage and lead the team, ensuring adequate staffing levels, managing vacation allowances, recruitment, training, development, appraisal, attendance, disciplinary issues and daily supervision to maximize efficient productivity
3. Identify and deploy the technical skill sets, resource levels and systems to deliver projects, including the engagement of external resources as required
4. Drive continuous improvement activities in quality, cycle times, process improvement and machine availability through lean techniques and value engineering to enhance the capability of existing processes and remove waste
5. Identify and justify capital equipment investment
6. Develop and maintain project plans and budget profiles to ensure delivery of milestones to agreed cost targets and timescales
7. Ensure accuracy of Manufacturing Engineering procedures and documentation
8. Identify business improvement opportunities within the organization
9. Work collaboratively, negotiate and engage with key stakeholders to facilitate delivery and compliance with the manufacturing strategy
10. Develop, implement and manage key performance indicators (KPIs) for each area of responsibility. Ensure KPIs are met by working to the overall plan, including management of, and reporting
11. Assist in developing plant layout in planning rearrangement of facilities, equipment and operations for better utilization of space.
12. Work closely with research and development, quality assurance and maintenance personnel to prevent problems with products and tooling/fixtures.
13. Ensure all manufacturing safety regulatory policies and procedures are implemented and maintained at all times.
14. Stay informed concerning new manufacturing technologies and equipment in order to manufacture and reduce cost through efficiencies.
15. Determine and eliminate root causes and diminish occurrences in the manufacturing process
16. Assist in new product development/launches using the stage gate process
Skills and Experience
5 years minimum experience managing a team of engineers in an industrial
10 years overall experience working in a manufacturing engineering function including
oversight of CNC Programming, 3D modeling and tool design
BS in Engineering or equivalent experience
Reads and interprets blueprints, symbols and geometric tolerances based on commercial
Able to process complex assemblies and conceptualize developmental and production
tooling in a production environment.
Proficiency in CAD/CAM software packages is required following software applications are
preferred: Mastercam, Solidworks, Creo, MS Project, MS word and MS Excel.
Good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work well with
others in a team-based environment.
Able to perform hands-on shop work.
In depth knowledge and experience of Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis
(DFMEA), Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA), Advanced Product Quality
Planning (APQP), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), and Lean
Manufacturing techniques such as Six Sigma
Experience of New Product Introduction, reworking design changes and upgrades through to
Six Sigma certification preferred however not required
DMAIC knowledge is preferable
Experience in tool design and modifications a plus
Loading some great jobs for you...