At Jackson Hewitt, we are working hard for the hardest working and we are on a mission to completely change the way our customers engage with their personal finances. Jackson Hewitt combines the fun, fast-paced culture of a startup with the scale and reputation of one of the nation's largest retailers (over 6,000 locations).
We have a passion for our employees and our customers. We recognize and appreciate that our team members are our single greatest competitive advantage. Being an industry leader requires a consistent focus on quality, innovation, performance and results.
The Director, Data Science will be responsible for helping develop Jackson Hewitt's data science strategy, building decision systems with machine learning and surfacing company-wide actionable insights to drive business growth.
At Jackson Hewitt, we're working hard for the hardest working Americans and we're on a mission to completely change the way our customers engage with their personal finances.Jackson Hewitt combines the fun, fast-paced culture of a startup with the scale and reputation of one of the nation's largest retailers (~6,000 locations).
This position is ideal for someone who enjoys elevating the way decision are made and data is used at a fast-paced, consumer-facing company.A successful candidate will enjoy researching and developing statistical learning models, collaborating with various stakeholders to understand company needs / devise solutions and helping implement data driven strategies that impact business profitability. This is a multifaceted opportunity allowing the Director to deliver unique value propositions to Jackson Hewitt's base of Hardworking Americans.
Jackson Hewitt's lean organizational structure allows unparalleled opportunities to work on critical strategic issues, drive meaningful change and create immediate impact. Fast moving industry dynamics propel team members to develop a broad skillset including executive communication, corporate strategy, cross-functional project management and team leadership.
Successful candidates will see strong opportunities for advancement within the organization and highly competitive compensation that reflects Jackson Hewitt's commitment to nurturing top talent.
* Help define, lead and own Jackson Hewitt's data science strategy, including tools and team
* Apply artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques to solve complex problems, including customer segmentation, product propensity, operational performance and fraud
* Research and develop statistical frameworks to optimize product performance through A/B testing and variance analysis
* Lead analysis for strategic data initiatives and present findings and recommendations to executive leadership
* Oversee implementation of data insights into the business and ensure analytic integrity
* Partner with departments to resolve their data and analytical needs
* Manage scheduled and ad-hoc analytics/data project
* Bachelor's Degree required (Masters or PhD in quantitative discipline preferred) * 6+ years of relevant experience in Data Science * High degree of comfort with statistical modeling, scenario analysis, working with high volumes of data and building analyses from the ground up * Highly proficient in Python or R; SQL a plus * Experience working with executive leadership and other internal and external partners * Experience infusing enterprise BI/dashboards/reports with DS/ML intelligence
We appreciate your interest in Jackson Hewitt Tax Service. Jackson Hewitt Tax Service is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Jackson Hewitt Tax Service also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also Jackson Hewitt Tax Service's policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
* Pay Type Salary * Employment Indicator Corporate * 10 Exchange Place 27 Floor, Jersey City, New Jersey, United States of America
Associated topics: business, community, endowment, event, fundraise, government, lead generation, marketplace, relationship, university relationship
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.