- $54,860.00 -70,290.00/year*
10 Bayside Terrace
The Security Operations Center (SOC) Operator is responsible for monitoring the safety and security of employees and assets worldwide for Jefferies and its affiliates. The Operator will use a variety of tools, ranging from global access control and alarm monitoring systems to business intelligence sources, open source media, and in-house tools, to detect, analyze, and alert others about adverse conditions that may impact the security and continuity of the firm.
Additionally, the Operator will report directly to the SOC Manager and assist with team management and policy management
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
* Actively monitor multiple systems and sources to detect potential threats and anomalies;
* Monitor the security and cyber-behavior of employees;
* To be on call as a first responder to concerns as they pertain to cyber security;
* Work with corporate security, IT teams, legal and other internal and 3rd party organizations
* Conduct Person of Interest (POI) investigations, and compile daily reports; and
* Timely production of Advisories and other notification products.
* Assist SOC manager with on-shore and off-shore team management
* Assist SOC manager to develop policy and procedures to enhance cyber security and SOC team efficiency
Additional Job Functions
* Perform other related duties as required.
Minimum Training and Qualifications
* College Degree preferred (Cyber Security, Computer Science, Management Information Sciences) or equivalent work experience (3-5 years) in field
* Attentive, organized, and detailed oriented;
* A quick learner with the ability to multi-task;
* Flexible and comfortable with a changing and high-tech work environment; willingness to learn new tools;
* A strong team player with the ability to work independently as needed;
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
* Strong customer service skills;
* Good working knowledge of Office 365, Splunk, ServiceNow
* Flexibility and ability to work all shifts (24/7 operations).
* speaking with clients on the phone: 1 year (Preferred)
* Office Administration: 1 year (Preferred)
* Bachelor's (Preferred)* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...