Our NYC-based REIT team currently consists of two publishing analysts (an MD who is the head of the team and an SVP), one senior associate and two associates. Stock coverage currently includes 57 companies in the REIT industry across several subsectors include Apartments, Office, Retail, Healthcare, Storage, Data Centers, Industrials and Triple-Net.
Responsibilities will include:
* Working underneath one or both publishing analysts to cover specific REIT subsectors.
* Conducting proprietary research evaluating the competitive landscape, analyzing industry news and company filings, attending conferences, and speaking with key opinion leaders
* Building and maintaining financial models and industry-oriented databases
* Closely monitoring REIT industry news and trends
* Writing research reports for initiations of coverage, analysis of data, and industry/company news
* Conceiving and executing on differentiated project ideas
* Interfacing with company management teams, internal sales and trading personnel, and institutional investors
* Maintaining relationships with industry contacts
* Executing corporate access events including company non-deal roadshows and property tours (some travel may be required)
* Coordinating global REIT research product
We are looking for a candidate who has strong written and oral communication skills, can work independently without much direction and likes to take on significant responsibility. Senior associates on our team should expect to enjoy the same exposure to clients as the publishing analyst. The team's daily schedule is dependent on particular assignments and quarterly reporting periods, but generally ranges around 12 hrs/day and may include working on weekends.