The Manager Talent Management is responsible for the development of actionable talent management solutions aligned with our Talent and People department strategies. The Talent Management team is collectively responsible for providing analytical insights, creating a culture of feedback with the right people, and technology foundations. The Manager's areas of oversight includes oversight of competency modeling, succession planning, internal movement and performance calibrations. The Manager is responsible for creating a culture of high performance, career ownership, and healthy internal movement.
* Oversee the implementation and execution of the talent management strategy
* Develop programs to ensure effective internal movement and talent pools
* Serve as advisor and technical expert on organizational and team development, talent management and company culture
* Continuously identify current and future skill gaps across the organization and partner with Organizational Effectiveness to address solutions
* Measure and track outcomes of talent management initiatives
* Develop and implement communication and training strategies related to Talent Management
* Keep a consistent pulse on new talent management and leadership development trends and resources available in the marketplace
* Partner with People Department to align Talent Management strategies with key initiatives and processes
* Proactively collaborate with business leaders to develop and embed talent management plans and programs that address both current and future business needs including implementing succession management and ensure succession plans are in place for key roles
* Provides talent development support and consulting to ensure successful execution of talent identification and development planning processes.
* Oversee strategies, programs and initiatives that focuses on continuous feedback
* Oversee the competency model and develop specific programs that support change management
* Other duties as assigned
Minimum Experience and Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources, Organization Development or a related field
* Five (5) years of broad HR experience consisting of a combination of leadership, management, individual contributor and/or consulting roles
* Three (3) years of project management or leadership experience
* Working knowledge of the following HR/OD processes: talent acquisition, retention, performance management, training & development, competency modeling, coaching and mentoring, learning management, succession management
* Pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test
* Legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
* Master's degree in Business, Human Resources, Organization Development or a related field required.
* Three (3) years of experience in the field of Performance and/or Talent Management, including experience with Talent Ratings systems, Performance Management program design and execution and succession planning
* Experience planning and executing internal consulting projects
* Experience presenting to and interacting with Senior Leaders
* PHR or SPHR certification
* Regular attendance and punctuality
* Potential need to work flexible hours and be available to respond on short-notice
* Well-groomed and able to maintain a professional appearance
* When working or traveling on JetBlue flights, and if time permits, all capable crewmembers are asked to assist with light cleaning of the aircraft
* Must be an appropriate organizational fit for the JetBlue culture, that is, exhibit the JetBlue values of Safety, Caring, Integrity, Passion and Fun
* Must fulfill safety accountabilities as prescribed by JetBlue's Safety Management System
* Promote JetBlue's #1 value of safety as a Safety Ambassador, supporting JetBlue's Safety Management System (SMS) components, Safety Policy and behavioral standards
* Identify safety concerns, issues, incidents or hazards that should be reported and report them whenever possible and by any means necessary including JetBlue's confidential reporting systems (Aviation Safety Action Program (ASAP) or Safety Action Report(SAR))
* Responsible for adhering to all applicable laws, regulations (FAA, OSHA, DOT, etc.) and Company policies, procedures and risk controls
* Uphold JetBlue's safety performance metric goals and understand how they relate to their duties and responsibilities
* Computer and other office equipment
* Normal office environment
* Generally not required, or up to 10 pounds occasionally, 0 pounds frequently. (Sedentary)
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the crewmember(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Expectations may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
JetBlue Airways Corp. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law GINA Supplement Back to top
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.