What you will do
Under general direction and in conformance with Corporate and Division Policies and procedures, directs the financial control and accounting activities of the plant to assure accurate and timely preparation, recording, transmissions, analysis and communication of data necessary to control operations and achieve objectives. Plans, develops necessary procedures; organizes and directs the plant s accounting, financial control and data processing functions. Plant Controller Directs, evaluates and approves the actions of subordinates. Provides analysis, counsel, advice and recommendations to help plant management make operating decisions to reduce costs, improve profits and return on investment and to achieve goals and plans. Initiates such audits as necessary to assure compliance with policies and procedures and to test the adequacy of systems used to ensure the accuracy of reporting data and the security of plant assets.How you will do it
What we look for
- Perform audits as required to insure security of all plant assets.
- Develops and monitors effectiveness of procedures to establish and maintain the integrity of financial and related operating data.
- Prepares annual budgets and cost projections, monthly forecasts and firm-ups.
- Prepares or supervises preparation of all periodic financial control reports such as payroll analysis, scrap accounting, etc.
- Directs and coordinates the taking of physical inventories.
- Analyzes reports for variance problems, particularly mid-year and year-end, physical to book inventory variations and takes corrective action.
- Establishes and maintains all plant level inventory accounting controls and develops special programs such as daily reporting on an exception basis to correct problem situations.
- Advises and assists responsible line supervision to achieve desired results.
- Performs reconciliation for fixed assets and capital in progress to General Ledger for their location.
- Assist in preparation/review of CAR financial justifications for plant capital projects. Track capital project spending, timing and cost impact against project plan, forecasts and budget to understand and report variances.
- Work with project manager to assure timely capitalization of equipment placed in use.
- Assist/perform sample CAR post audits to verify savings.
- Coordinates periodic fixed asset physical inventory per company policies.
- Assists corporate and divisional systems personnel in the implementation and continued reliability of plant IT systems.
- Directs the scheduling and operation of remote data processing equipment.
- Prepares requests and recommendations for systems/programming changes to meet needs and conditions.
- Analyzes plant operating costs in detail and recommends action to increase profitability and enhance long-term return on investment.
- Performs special studies and analyses at request of plant or division management.
- Supervises the preparation and distribution of hourly payrolls, including maintaining the required earnings and deductions records.
- Responsible for fostering effective employee relations.
- Overtime is required to meet internal and external customer requirements.
- Performs any other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree required. Major in Accounting or Finance
- 2 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Microsoft suite
Who we are
- MBA highly preferred
- HFM Hyperion Financial Management
- SOX knowledge and Compliance highly preferred
- SAP helpful
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.