IB Risk Management - Americas Legal Entity Risk Governance - Associate
Req #: 190017747
Location: New York, NY, US
Job Category: Accounting/Finance/Audit/Risk
Americas Legal Entity Risk Governance team is a group within the CIB risk organization, established to support both the Regional Chief Risk Officers and Legal Entity Risk Managers (LERM). The team is primarily responsible for oversight of the Risk Management functions (cross Line of Business at times) in the Americas (Canada, Latin America and United States). The candidate will work across the Risk stripes in the Firmwide and in country based risk teams, as well as partner with groups including Oversight and Control, Compliance, Finance and Regulatory Risk. The Americas LE team partners with each area impacting a Legal Entity to ensure adherence to all applicable regulatory rules.
Run risk governance agendas and ensure adherence to legal entity governance frameworks (firmwide/cross LOB) for some of the firm's legal entities including some Material Legal Entities. Continually learn and become a specialist with the various local regulatory bodies' rules and how they impact a particular Legal Entity.
* Provide support to the Regionals/MLE CROs and various Legal Entity Risk Managers
* Provide support for risk governance meetings (including risk committees, forums and required materials for CROs for board meetings and Directors Risk Policy Committees (DRPC))
* Participate and where appropriate lead projects which impact Legal Entity Risk in the AMERICAS
* Learn the different underlying businesses affected by ongoing rulemakings.
* Challenge data providers as necessary to understand changes and explanations.
* As necessary, support the broader AMERICAS team in other areas including preparation of strategic plans, metrics, reporting, cross-business initiatives and process redesign.
* In partnership with the Risk Control Office, prepare information for visits by local Regulators and assist in composing responses to requests for information.
* Both coordination and implementation of solutions that meet and/or exceed both new and changes to regulatory requirements.
* Build and understanding of risk profiles, LE reporting and have the ability to form and articulate a view. Able to quickly synthesize different risk presentations and communicate the different risk profiles in each Legal Entity.
* Work with the reporting team and subject matter experts to implement changes and upgrades to the periodic risk reports.
* Make sure all regulatory deadlines and expectations are met/exceed.
* Continue to think of ways to enhance the firm's adherence to changes in the regulatory landscape.
Experience in financial services or related field (previous experience in Risk Management, Compliance, Internal/External Audit or other control function desired).
* Communication skills and ability to interface with all seniority levels within the firm.
* Organization/Project management and Presentation Skills
* Broad based Risk knowledge; Derivatives, Product knowledge and TCP
* Excel, Word & PowerPoint knowledge (Pitchpro)
* Familiarity with exposure generated by derivatives & other traded products.
* Self starter and able to take tasks from start to finish with minimal supervision.
* Proactive mindset is a must; able to identify issues and find solutions. MUST BE ABLE TO WORK AUTOMNOSMSLY AND DRIVE SOLUTIONS.
* Attention to detail and ability to look at processes in the firm holistically and make strategic recommendations for improvement.
* Familiar with firm policy and procedure.
* Ability to influence and drive change
* Minimum Bachelor's Degree
Associated topics: attorney, business, company, compliance, corporate attorney, internal, lawyer, legal affairs, legal department, market