JT4 provides engineering and technical support to multipel western test ranges for the U.S. Air Force and Navy under the Joint Range Technical Services Contract, better known as J-Tech II. We develop and maintain realistic integrated test and training environments, and prepare our nation's war-fighting aircraft, weapons systems, and air crews for today's missions and tomorrow's global challenges.
Highly skilled career professional with experience across multiple telecommunication networking equipment and associated technologies. Ability to work with a group or to work independently with / without supervision.
1. Strong understanding of telecommunication networking systems, fiber optics, and WAN technologies that is used to transmit video, voice, and data across a WAN infrastructure.
2. Ability to use a vast array of tools and test equipment to include built-in test equipment. Must be able to use this equipment to quickly repair both physical and logical network outages and anomalies. A basic working knowledge of Solarwinds is desired, but not required.
3. Ability to design, implement and maintain layer 2/3 and TOM telecommunication networking solutions in accordance with IEEE standards.
4. Must have experience and skills with AC/DC power systems, Optical Transport Networks, and Ethernet switch configurations.
5. Knowledge in CISCO, Ciena, TOM and SONET communication techlologies.
6. Must possess a strong understanding of TCP/JP networking principles.
7. Must be able to perform a variety of field engineering tasks under general or no supervision.
8. Must demonstrate the ability to use a structured approach to solving complex networking problems.
Each employee must read, understand, and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality, and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures, and policies pertaining to their job.
This position involves work typical of an office environment with no unusual hazards. There is occasional lifting (up to 20 pounds), constant sitting and use of a computer terminal, constant use of sight abilities while writing, reviewing, and editing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, and constant mental alertness. Routine travel to remote Company work locations may be required.
**REQUIREMENTS - EDUCATION, TECHNICAL AND WORK EXPERIENCE**
Associates Degree in Engineering or other technical discipline or formal academic/vocational/military training and a minimum of 7 or more years of technical/professional experience in the specialty field. Must have a professional knowledge of applicable engineering concepts and principles, and a familiarity with related engineering fields. Must have a practical knowledge of test methods and practices sufficient to perform routine to more complex engineering procedures and to prepare or make minor modifications of standard test procedures or test equipment work instructions. Position may require the ability to qualify for and maintain a Security Clearance.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of persons so classified.
Associated topics: 5g, asic, electrical, electrical engineer, hardware, infrastructure, lan, radio, soc, test engineer