Full-time Home Health Physical Therapist needed in Pennsylvania!
(Reference Code: KAM)
Join a TOP health care network. The Physical Therapist provides rehabilitative care (physical therapy) for patients needing assistance and training in ambulation, transferring, gait training and home exercise programs. The Physical Therapist works as part of the interdisciplinary home care team including RN, OT, SLP, MSW and Home Health Aides. Can be super flexible with the hours! Must have a reliable vehicle to drive from home to home. Need a clean driving record.
Provides physical therapy services to patients according to a plan of care. This may include, but is not limited to:
- Assessing and evaluating therapeutic/rehabilitative/functional status and participating in developing the total plan of care.
- Assessing for muscle strength, mobility, gait, ROM and transfer capabilities.
- Directing physical therapy treatment.
- Instructing patients, family and/or caregivers in the use and care of therapeutic appliances.
- Determining priority needs for physical therapy.
- Reporting patient's reaction to treatment or changes in care to patient's physician as needed and appropriate.
- Conducting appropriate evaluative procedures; assessing patient's home environment as appropriate; and identifying patient's equipment needs.
- Initiates physical therapy program and coordinate with other team members, patient, family and/or caregivers in therapy program, as well as the goals of therapy.
- Instructs patient, family and/or caregivers and other team members in the patient's treatment regime as indicated.
- Participates in patient case conferences.
- Supervises the Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA).
Education: Must possess a bachelor's or master's degree in physical therapy approved by an accredited organization: The American Physical Therapy Association, The Council on Medical Education and Hospitals of the American Medical Association, The Council on Medical Education of the American Medical Association and The American Physical Therapy Association.
Minimum of two years experience as a physical therapist. Community/home health experience preferred.
Licensure, Registration, and/or Certification:
Must possess current license as a Physical Therapist from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania or made application for same.
Valid driver's license and reliable transportation that is insured in accordance with Pennsylvania requirements.
Satisfactory references from employers and/or professional peers.
Satisfactory criminal background check.
Maintains current CPR certification.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!
For more information, please submit your resume for review.
Loading some great jobs for you...