Ketchum Digital helps brands lead conversations through great strategy, content, listening and measurement. From high-level planning and benchmarking to tactical development and implementation, our team designs digital and content strategy for global brands across industry verticals, helping them break through and engage a diverse set of stakeholders.
Content Strategists at Ketchum are creators of strategies, concepts, ideas, stories and content. They are deeply engrained in and passionate about digital strategy, social media, content and storytelling across formats. They help brands develop the strategies they need to approach and produce content sustainably: they help brands become publishers. They are also content creators, serving as writers or designers of concepts and content for the brands they work on. They are in essence the bridge between strategy and creative.
The right candidate must be able to work closely with a cross-functional, diverse teams to guide the content through the creation process, from definition to publishing and beyond, as well as be a great communicator with the ability to keep copywriters and designers on brand as they effectively translate the nuances of client communications for a complex global audiences.
About the Job
* Create digital solutions to answer clients' business needs on a short-term and long-term basis
* Development and implement strategies and tactical programs to influence audiences across digital and social ecosystems
* Monitor, analyze and communicate trends, news on emerging technologies and social metrics as part of client counsel
* Provide counsel to help account leads nurture and grow client relationships with new ways to expand digital reach
* Contribute digital content expertise to the development of holistic digital strategies for clients
* Serve as a creative counselor to clients, making recommendations and providing guidance on the type of content brands should create, how it should be distributed and how it can engage their key audiences
* Produce content strategy documents for brands, including style guides, content and channel Strategies, content audits, gap analyses, editorial calendars, content sourcing plans and production requirements, as needed
* Work collaboratively with UX and other disciplines to examine and analyze our clients' existing content, identity guidelines and challenges
* Ensure that the team aligns on content objectives, assumptions, risks and success factors.
* Provide guidance for content governance and workflow
* Measure his or her ideas not only against high creative standards, but also against project and business objectives, best practices and audience insights
* Review project work and provide feedback based on content strategy, priorities and requirements.
* Digest content provided by the client, client services, and other agencies or from own research, and extract relevant insights to brief and inspire the team
* Find content challenges exciting and propose original solutions to address them
* Jump into new projects and learn new skills
* Advocate for content's role in digital strategy and production
* Write content concepts and bring to life creative ideas
* Write editorial content for a range of on and off-line, owned and shared channels (short form and long form)
* Write or design content for visual production (i.e. galleries, infographics and videos)
* Work seamlessly within a team of creative and digital professionals with a range of skillsets (i.e. editors, designers, producers, video editors, digital strategists, etc.)
* Digital interactive experience
* Recognized expertise in developing strategic creative solutions for clients
* Ability to provide clear creative conceptual direction and to motivate cross functional teams
* Strong personal and professional experience in emerging media content, technologies + services and online community engagement
* A portfolio of work demonstrating an ability to analyze user, client and project needs, and develop and execute relevant content strategy.
* Strong writing and editing skills. Ability to extract insights from large amounts of information. Comfort developing presentations and presenting your ideas.
* An understanding of digital platforms, the opportunities and challenges they present and opinions on what will work best and why.
* Experience working cross-functionally with strategy, UX, creative and technology professionals.
* An appreciation of storytelling and a desire to find the narrative in anything.
* A working knowledge of current digital technologies, publishing tools and trends in the advertising, communications and marketing industries.
* Understanding of standard approaches to data analytics, ads implementation, application development and platform integration
As a global communications consultancy with 90 plus years of experience, Ketchum is a trusted partner who is equal parts creative and analytical. Ketchum is a place where all perspectives and points of view are welcome and encouraged. We are a collection of communications specialists, content creators, creatives, researchers, data analysts, media pros, digital strategists, issues and crisis counselors, and tech nerds. And we love when those worlds collide to create the very best teams and solutions for our clients. We work with the world's leading brands, emerging start-ups, and everything in between. We are beyond proud to have created some of the most celebrated and award-winning campaigns in our industry. We're just crazy enough to think we can impact the world - and how it responds to ideas - through communication.
We encourage our employees to be curious, brave, inspiring, and a force for good. Let's talk. Come belong at Ketchum!
What we offer
* Robust benefits program
* Generous time off policies
* Retirement program with company match
* Workplace flexibility
* Business casual dress code
* Workplace and off-site social gatherings
* Yoga @ work
* Professional learning and development opportunities
* Tuition reimbursement
* Paid maternity/paternity leave
* Transit benefits
Interested? We've got an opportunity for you.