- Kforce Inc.
- $107,040.00 -160,420.00/year*
10 Bayside Terrace
Kforce has a client in search of a Software Engineer in Jersey City, New Jersey (NJ).
Can you picture yourself working for one of -America's Ideal Employers-? Our client has received numerous awards and accolades due in part to their commitment to diversity, veterans, and fostering innovation. They've been named one of Fortune Magazine's -World's Most Admired Companies- of 2018 and are included in the -Top 50 Most Innovative Companies- named by Boston Consulting Group. With on-site training and mentoring, they are committed to your professional development as well.
We provide a variety of services to analyze mortgage loans and securitized products in a distributed computing environment, supporting CIB, CCB, CIO and Asset Management. We also provide reference data and market data in support of securitized products. We process millions of computations daily, distributed over a large compute farm. This is highly available, large scale software across many services.
- Work with a global team of developers to enhance the various applications
- Develop and port apps on different Linux platforms and compiler versions
- Debug, optimize and improve the applications in C++, Java, Python
- Help with support of the application and coordinating with business and technology partners
- Contribute to the Cybersecurity, Sustained Resiliency company efforts
- Strong Object Oriented design skills
- Hands on experience with C++ development skills, experience with Linux development tools, compile and linking, etc.
- Working understanding of JVM performance tuning
- Experience with UNIX/Linux system
- Expert in at least one technology and design technique as well as experience working across large environments with multiple operating systems/infrastructure for large-scale programs (e.g., Expert Engineers) starting to be firm-wide resources working on projects across the company
- Is multi-skilled with expertise across software development lifecycle and toolset
- May be recognized as a leader in Agile and cultivating teams working in Agile frameworks
- Sought out as coach for at least one technical skill
- Strong understanding of techniques such as Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Test Driven Development, Cloud Development, resiliency, security
- Stays abreast of cutting-edge technologies/trends and uses experience to influence application of those technologies/trends to support the business; may give speeches and outside the firm, writes articles
- JMS technologies experience (ex: TIBCO, Qpid, Kafka)
- In-Memory Data Grid experience (ex: GemFire, Hazelcast, Ehcache, Coherence)
- Distributed Computing experience (ex: Symphony Platform, DataSynapse, Apache Spark)
Tools/technologies/frameworks we are invested in:
- Eclipse, Git for development
- Totalview or other IDE tools
- Pico container (Dependency injection)
- Tibco JMS
- IBM Platform (Symphony)
- CA Workload Automation (Autosys)
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Associated topics: .net, back end, c c++, c#, developer, java, python, software developer, software development engineer, software programmer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...