Since its founding in 2004, KIND has been on a mission to make the world a little kinder one snack and one act at a time. KIND was born out of its founder's desire to create a snack that was healthy and tasty, wholesome and convenient. What began as a line of premium Fruit & Nut bars sparked the creation of an entirely new healthier snacking category. Today, KIND has a family of snacks that offer solutions for a variety of different occasions.
From the healthy snacks, we make to the way we work, live and give back, we are committed to making the world a little kinder, because we believe that there's more to business than just profit.
We're looking for passionate, conscious collaborators to help us meet our goals: to inspire kindness, with one tasty snack (and good act) at a time. If you're looking to be a part of an inspiring, energetic and entrepreneurial environment, you found the right place.
What you'll do
As the Sr. Manager, Continuous Improvement you will develop, recommend and implement continuous improvement projects (including capital projects) to reduce cost, eliminate waste & improve process efficiencies. You will provide training, mentoring and guidance to others in the business in the use of LSS & Continuous Improvement tools.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
* Lead and manage significant process improvement projects that align with business goals and objectives. * Support the identification, selection and prioritization of Lean Six Sigma / Continuous Improvement projects. * Provides communication of project goals, strategy and status within the project team and with project stakeholders, including senior management. * Support/lead development of organizational maturity (i.e. institutionalized Lean Six Sigma) by training others in continuous improvement approaches. * Conduct classroom instruction for Green Belts, White Belts, Champions and other courses as well as Executive/Project Sponsor Workshop, Project Identification and Selection Workshop(s). * Mentor and Coach Green Belts. * Promote use of Lean Six Sigma methodology and tools (DMAIC, Lean, Kaizen and Design for Six Sigma). * Lead teams in defect analysis and creation of improvement measures. * Assist with data analysis, conclusions and presentations related to project completion and findings. * Develop instructional training material * Facilitate cross-functional project groups including Quality, Corporate Engineering, Supply Chain, & R&D to develop and implement process improvements resulting in increased capacity, productivity and throughput increases and cost reduction. * Develop CI project plans with plant management; identify needed resources, alignment, milestones, deliverables, project prioritization and tracking. * Lead the definition and delivery of large business improvement projects through the application of Lean Six Sigma and project management tools. * Actively identify potential risks & issues relating to the delivery of projects and manage a resolution process in a timely manner, only escalating major issues.
What you'll bring to KIND
* Sense of urgency and can-do attitude * Excellent verbal and written communication skills * A partnership and relationship-based approach in working with internal and external business partners. Always presenting a we not me attitude. * A willingness to challenge our \"way of work\" to maximize our resources and enhance our success * Strong analytical skills
* A natural team player * A relationship builder, excited by the opportunity to partner with team members cross-functionally * A strategic thinker and approach business initiatives with an entrepreneurial spirit * Genuine in your desire to help make the world a kinder place, committing to always spreading and celebrating kindness
* 7-10 years of experience, with 4 years process engineering/development/commercialization experience in Food or Beverage and a minimum of 5 years in a high-volume process, packaging or manufacturing environment, preferably in the Consumer Package Goods Industry. * Possesses a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Qualification & Track record of delivering business improvement projects at a Black Belt Level. * Experience of working with and influencing stakeholders at a senior manager level. * Ability to lead a cross functional team. * B. S., M. S. or PhD. in Chemical, Mechanical, Industrial or Food Engineering or related experience * Demonstrated ability to lead projects and direct/motivate project teams. * Communication skills to work with all levels of the organization from manufacturing employees to corporate executives. * Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented culture. * Demonstrated ability to function effectively in stressful, fast-paced situations, with the personal leadership to influence and positively motivate self and peers. * Demonstrated performance in developing and commercializing new products/technology in collaboration with Quality, NPD, Operations, Marketing, etc. * Ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities. * Ability to travel estimated 50%.
What KIND offers
* Competitive compensation, including equity in KIND! * Flexible Paid Time Off. Choose what works best for you, including summer hours * Excellent health, dental & vision insurance, with options to fit you & your family's needs * Your health is important! Our wellness strategy focuses on mental and physical wellbeing through in office programs like Drs, Nutritionists, Yoga, Mindfulness, Chair Massages & others * Casual office dress code - feel free to wear your KIND gear * Training & tuition reimbursement program, because continuing to learn matters and we support your development * A dynamic, ambitious, fun and KIND work environment * The opportunity and responsibility to be KIND everyday
At KIND, we are committed to an inclusive workplace where diversity in all its forms is championed. KIND is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and we are an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you require special accommodation, please let us know.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.