Employment Type: Full-Time
This position is responsible for leading, motivating, training and supporting the activities of a company warehouse through a team of warehouse personnel. This person will ensure that shipping, receiving, storage and distribution are performed in an efficient manner and that all necessary precautions are taken to protect warehouse contents against loss.
* Supervises general warehouse operations and employees.
* Responsible for scheduling of inbound and outbound arrivals.
* Maintains a constant dock presence inspecting work in progress.
* Applies and enforces all policy and procedures.
* Maximizes productivity of personnel by proper training and supervision.
* Hires, trains, coaches and performs official evaluations for warehouse personnel.
* Maintains safety, security, and cleanliness throughout the facility and property.
* Performs every duty in the warehouse as needed to ensure objectives and goals are met.
SCOPE & IMPACT:
Supervises 20-35 employees. Ability to manage over $2.5M in inventory. Ability to use production tools to measure employee productivity
* High School Diploma or GED with 4-6 years of relevant experience, or equivalent
* 1-3 years of supervisory / leadership experience.
* An understanding of the proper methods and procedures used in safe receiving, storing, requisitions, shipping and delivery.
* Basic knowledge of inventory procedures.
* Strong organizational skills.
* Proficient with Warehouse Management Systems
* Up to 5% Travel.
* Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Up to 10-15 reports.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Office environment/no specific or unusual physical or environmental demands. Nearly continuously to hear, listen and talking. Often required to sit, repetitive hand motion (such as typing), standing and walking. Seldom required to bend or lift - up to 10 pounds. Not required to stoop, climb stairs, climb ladders, kneel, squat, crouch, crawl, balance, reach overhead, pull, pull, shovel and Lift up to 50 pounds.
Lead the Team
Impact and Influence
Coach and Develop
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the incumbent for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Associated topics: analyst, generalist, leader, logistics, logistics analyst, shift supervisor, supervisor, rep, warehouse, warehouse management
Loading some great jobs for you...