Director Mergers and Acquisitions (Follansbee)
Compensation: $93,600.00 - $140,300.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Executive Management
Director Mergers and Acquisitions at LABORATORY CORP OF AMERICA HOLDINGS
Location Burlington, North Carolina Job ID 19-83002
This role is an integral part of the Global HR M&A team and will report to the VP M&A-Diagnostics and will be a key HR resource for all mergers and acquisitions, working with the HR Business Partner leading the specific M&A effort. Leveraging strong HR operations and business partner experience, the individual will be responsible for successfully managing all HR related due diligence matters and integration.
This role functions as the HR mergers and acquisition SME and works in partnership with the HRBP for the business and is closely involved in project planning (pre and post-acquisition), partnering with members of the deal team to raise any due diligence HR compliance issues, HR COE leaders, Finance, Legal and other functions on aspects of the deal (from concept to integration). Serves a critical role in planning and managing M&A projects.
- Develops HR best practices on processes that will be utilized during all merger and/or acquisition initiatives, both domestic and international, continuously improving the deal execution and integration processes.
- Works with the designated HRBP lead on M&A team meetings and partners with Global HR organization and HR Centers of Excellence on due diligence and analysis. Ensures all HR efforts are coordinated and operational HR risks are identified and addressed during due diligence and integration.
- Provides expertise, strategic consulting as well as thought leadership to help drive effective people strategies for each deal and influence deal negotiations accordingly.
- Responsible for enhancing the structure of the HR M&A due diligence process, including integration checklists, project templates, best practices and project management tools pertaining to HR.
- Serves as a liaison to ensure smooth integration of mergers and acquisitions into the organization, providing valuable insight on integration of HR processes and practices, including but not limited to organizational design, compensation and benefits.
- Analyzes target company data to identify key HR-related financial exposures in a due diligence context, including those related to compensation and benefits plans.
- Provides assistance in managing projects and supporting HR initiatives designed to improve the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the Global HR Team, including but not limited to compensation, benefits, data analytics and HR operations.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of HR experience, including experience in mergers and acquisitions.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in HR or similar field.
- Demonstrated minimum of 3 years project/program management experience.
- SHRM certification desired
Other requirements and preferred qualifications
- Expertise in acquisitions, joint ventures, divestitures, recruiting, HR generalist, and or compensation/stock programs preferred.
- Completion of formal project management training preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communications and strong presentation skills.
- Experience reviewing HR policy and benefits documents.
- Strong cross-cultural skills to be able to effectively interact with senior leadership as well as represent LabCorp to external company senior management.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
Bachelor's Degree, preferably in HR with 7-10+ years of HR experience. Demonstrated minimum of 3 years' project/program management experience.
Monday - Friday, 8 am to 5 pm and as business needs require
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
See how your skills can connect to an amazing career opportunity.
Harnessing diversity for competitive advantage.
Join LabCorp as an intern and do work that makes a difference.
What you need to know about applying at LabCorp.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
To view the most recent EEO is the Law Poster, clickhere.
To view the most recent EEO is the Law Poster Supplement, clickhere.
To view the most recent Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision, clickhere
Associated topics: benefit specialist, compensation, employee, enrollment, hr, human resource, hunter, interview, labor, train
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...