Conventions don't have to be conventional. Our access to notable landmarks and out team of culinary and hospitality experts make business meetings and social gatherings extraordinary from the first bite to the last.
Levy Convention Centers is thrilled to be the food & beverage partner at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in Manhattan! GREAT TEAMS NEED GREAT TALENT! We are seeking a talent for Farm and Sustainability Manager at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center.
Javits Centers LEED silver certification exemplifies the commitment to the community and the environment. While the organization has been recognized for its achievements to date in this area, there is an opportunity to improve through collaboration and increased involvement with the food service department. This job will function to:
Microsoft Word - Farm Sustainability Manager Job Description REV2
Major Areas of Responsibility:
Partner & Customer Focus
* Work with the Chief Sustainability Officer and the Facility Operations team to understand and coordinate on sustainability efforts.
* Partner with Jacob's Farm manager to promote sustainable living and local ecology through food, education, and events.
* Review energy dashboards data to continually improve our environmental impact to New York City and
the surrounding communities.
* Serve as a liaison to the chefs to ensure complete utilization of roof top crops in family meal dining and in our restaurant and caf? locations.
Seeing the Bigger Picture
* Use data to understand the impact and opportunity areas for our training activities.
* Periodically reassess work that is in progress and that has already been carried out in order to look again at difficult problems and assess the suitability of strategies already in place.
* Engage with Javits Juniors education program to show them the importance of sustainability and utilization of Jacob's Farm.
Innovating and Improving
* Complete ongoing training and certifications as needed
* Actively challenge others to think differently and improve our results and impact to the community
* Work with the Jacob's Farm Manager to constantly reevaluate the use of the rooftop space for highest yields and most complete ecosystem for our roof top.
* Able to communicate effectively with management team, guests and team members by speaking and comprehending English
* English reading, writing, math and computer skills required
* Ability to taste and evaluate food and beverage products
* Stamina to work 60 hours or more per week
* Must be able to work extended shifts of 10 hours or more as business dictates
* Must be flexible with schedule and able to work different shifts
* Possible job hazards include, but are not limited to; slips, trips, falls, burns, cuts and strains
* Must be able to reach, lift, stoop, bend and perform extensive standing and walking (including stairs) throughout shift
Levy is an equal opportunity employer. At Levy we are committed to treating all Applicants and Team Members fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.